2 x Electrical Project Manager
This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Sector||Wind Energy / Renewables - PMO|
To ensure the effective management of a project from initial client contact to project handover and thereafter to end of warranty period. In effective management of the project the company’s objectives in relation to service, profitability and client relationship development are to be achieved.
Functional authority over all aspects of the Project at hand including commercial, planning, procurement, construction, quality, health and safety, engineering and staff development and training.
Project Start Up:
• Arrange and chair handover of project from estimating department to construction team.
• Liaise with OM in staffing of project.
• Validate project and in doing so develop business plan, cost control system, cash flow and billable schedules, etc.
• Produce procurement plan, drawing / design plan, construction programme, s-curve and histogram.
• Liaise with client and design team on procurement and engineering issues.
• Develop project safety and quality plans.
• Mobilise sub-contractors and labour in accordance with business plan.
• Mobilise site establishment.
• Ensure testing and commissioning is carried out in accordance with the Quality Plan.
• Ensure final design audit (if applicable) is carried out by the EM.
• Complete and certify all ‘life systems’ in good time for handover date.
• Ensure all systems are demonstrated to Client and District Surveyor.
• Handover O&M manual and record drawings.
• Prepare final account with the QS, submit and agree with client in line with company objective.
• Demobilise site team and establishment in conjunction with the OM.
• Produce a project close-out report and submit to the OM.
• Archive project.
• Maintain contact with client for warranty period and thereafter when retention monies are collected.
• Maintain a site diary / day book.
• Attend and participate in monthly project managers meetings chaired by the OM.
• Develop your skills in line with agreed training plan.
• Maintain contact with your client base.
• Maintain excellent working relationships with the client from project start up to project completion.
To be considered you will:
•Experience working on large data centre project environments and large scale fast paces office fit outs working under main contractor
• Worked as the P.S.C.S. (main contractor)
• Taken a lead role on an Electrical and Mechanical Projects, mechanical installations and mechanical sub-contractors
• Experience in pharma environments
• Detailed knowledge of the Project Manager role
• Detailed knowledge of Engineering
• Commercial knowledge and understanding
• Health, Safety and Environmental systems and procedures
• Ability to juggle and manage many priorities
• Computer literacy
• Ability to plan and programme
• Prioritise and allocate time according to priority