Work with Transmission stakeholders, including Subject Matter Experts, to create and maintain metadata (data about data) using the our client's data governance tools. Support the development of a presumed open data marketplace. Ensure that via search capability, meaningful glossary definitions, standardisation and tagging data sources become discoverable and accessible to business users and also external stakeholders. Maintain the appropriate metadata and data dictionary repositories for all data to enable Transmission and our stakeholders to better understand existing and future datasets.
Design and deliver metadata insights using data governance and cataloguing tooling and reporting tools to provide an insight and support continuous improvement on utilisation of data governance and cataloguing tooling.
Delivery of Data Management services for Transmission to standardise best practice and realise synergies across business functions including the deployment of data management tooling. Introducing stakeholders to the concept of democratising and taking ownership of data and the benefits of doing so. Working with our client's Transmission business units to successfully roll out Data Governance Tools, including organising and delivering training. Provide functional Data Governance and Cataloguing Tooling support to the business users including helping data stewards to get started with Data Governance and Cataloguing Tooling and the processes to follow and providing advice on meaningful glossary definitions, standardisation and the use of templates.
Excellent functional skills in Data Governance and Data Cataloguing products (eg Axon, EDC, MS Purview).
· A strong understanding of data lineage, table structures in database schemas and how Data Governance and Enterprise Data Cataloguing products interact to provide an end to end view for business users of their data assets.
· Understanding of how different types of data model can be applied into Data Governance and Enterprise Data Cataloguing products
· Ability to work with IT peers and IT SMEs to discuss, document and progress issues and business requirements.
· Proficient in the use of SharePoint / Teams / OneNote to organise and share team documents.
· Experience in analysing data and creating reports.
Personal Attributes / Competencies
· Ability to work with and collaborate with a high-performing team across remote locations.
· The ability to learn new skills and new subject areas and apply this knowledge quickly and effectively.
· Proactive positive approach, self-disciplined with excellent organisational skills, capable of working on own initiative.
· Stakeholder management skills; creating and maintaining effective business relationships across diverse groups.
· Ability to recognise, understand and balance conflicting needs with regard to data including transparancey, security, privacy, inside information, compliance and regulation.
· Strong written, verbal and presentation skills, able to present effectively at all levels of the organisation.
· A systematic, disciplined and analytical approach to problem solving
ersg are an equal opportunities employer; we are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all job applicants. We do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of age, sex, race, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or religious background; all decisions are based on merit.