As Regional EHS Manager, you will work with the safety team to manage the health, safety, and risks associated with business activities across data center construction projects in Japan. You will also lead a small team of EHS professionals and work closely with cross-functional teams to improve safety and implement appropriate safety and quality standards.
- Manage health, safety, and risks associated with business activities across construction projects in Japan.
- Implement EHS best practices to ensure safety for employees, contractors, and suppliers.
- Embed safety as a core value into execution and develop construction contracts for safe outcomes.
- Implement and manage WHS policies and reporting while continually assessing changes in policy and practices.
- Maintain compliance with legal safety requirements and internal management system requirements.
- Review near misses and incidents and work with teams to build and implement corrective actions.
- Lead and coach a small team of on-site EHS professionals.
- Minimum 5 years of safety leadership experience managing operations and contractors in high-hazard industries such as construction, oil & gas, mining, or processing plants in Japan.
- Experience in the design and implementation of HSE management systems.
- Fluent in English (min C1 level) and Japanese (min N2 level).
- Knowledgeable and experienced in EHS, risk management strategies, and processes.
ersg are an equal opportunities employer; we are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all job applicants. We do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of age, sex, race, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or religious background; all decisions are based on merit.