A major wind turbine manufacturer is looking for a talented HSE professional to support the service operations of a new offshore wind farm in Hokkaido, Japan.
You will be:
- creating and implementing safety processes and procedures for the service operation of an offshore windfarm.
- responsible for planning and executing EHS programs and projects, monitoring progress and ensuring compliance with standards.
- analyzing and reporting on any changes in EHS laws and regulations and make recommendations for internal guidelines.
- supporting internal and external EHS audits, prepare regular reports for authorities and stakeholders, and maintain communication with external agencies.
- providing training for employees and management, and staying informed about relevant regulations and standards in Japan and the local area.
- 3-5 years work experience in HSE in a power project or construction based context.
- Previous experience of working in Japan and valid right to work in Japan.
- Business level fluency in English.
- Western based HSE qualifications, i.e NEBOSH, IOSH, OSHA etc.
- Japanese HSE qualifications with a strong understanding of the key difference in best japanese HSE and western HSE practices.
- Business level fluency in Japanese would be highly advantageous but not required.
- Some working experience of EN - JP translation or interpretation.
- A friendly and approachable character with strong cross cultural communication skills.
ersg are an equal opportunities employer; we are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all job applicants. We do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of age, sex, race, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or religious background; all decisions are based on merit.