The Senior CAD Engineer:
Works in multidisciplinary and multicultural teams at the Global Engineering department.
Heavy Marine Transport, Marine Services, Seabed Intervention, Subsea Services, Offshore Heavy Lifting, Subsea Cables & Survey.
Key Tasks/Responsibilities, to include but not limited to:
- Create and/or optimize basic & detailed 3D models and/or 2D drawings, offshore construction, and offshore operations related. Review (Discipline check) of drawing work created and/or optimized by other team members.
- Design (including first estimate of construction dimensions, quantities, and weld specifications) of simple steel structures based on technical specifications and project plan.
- Create and/or optimize storyboards by means of visualizations/animations to support working methods, give insights into processes, constructions, and operational procedures, for internal and/or external use.
- Pro-actively share knowledge in all phases of projects, Identification of missing and/or incorrect information. In the design processes advising on optimization of designs, alternative solutions, and process improvements.
- Drive continuous improvement of the CAD department, coaching and mentoring less experienced colleagues, sharing knowledge and advice in the use of (CAD) software and working methods. Tasks related to periodic reviewing and updating of drawing standard, templates, and CAD department roadmaps.
- Ensure that all work carried outfollows internally agreed CAD standards, company safety, quality, environmental and procedural standards.
- 5+ years relevant work experience.
- Extensive experience/knowledge of AutoDesk AutoCAD & Inventor.
- Knowledge of AutoDesk Vault is a pre.
- Good command of English (written and spoken)
- Ability to collaborate with others to solve problems.
- Good people management skills.
ersg are an equal opportunities employer; we are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all job applicants. We do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of age, sex, race, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or religious background; all decisions are based on merit.