Senior PMO Analyst
The main purpose of the Senior PMO Analyst role is to perform and coordinate the core Agile Portfolio Office functions (including reporting, enabling effective use of portfolio tooling, data quality governance, PMO standards and frameworks, document management, portfolio governance and assurance) and effectively deputise for Portfolio Governance Lead where required.
* Manage the submission of consolidated progress reports into governance boards, senior management and executives to agreed reporting timetable.
* Developing and maintaining the portfolio SharePoint site to support improvements in learning, communication and reporting.
* Build and manage meaningful and supportive relationships across the organisation.
* Maintain an appropriate governance framework for the portfolio, including creation of policies, procedures and templates, in order to deliver the necessary project capability to support delivery of the road map and business objectives.
* Carry out delegated duties for the Portfolio Office Manager or Portfolio Lead as required.
* Be a champion for innovation and continuous improvement.
Education, Experience, Knowledge, Functional and Technical Skills and Communication and Personal Attributes
* Have experience of working at a responsible level in a Project/Programme Management Office or Portfolio Office.
* Have experience in management or coordination of project and programme governance frameworks and standards.
* Ideally have experience of working within or supporting IT delivery teams.
Functional and Technical Skills
* Good understanding of end-to-end lifecycle delivery.
* Understanding of the fundamentals of Agile and Waterfall approaches to delivery and Project Management, formal accreditation is desirable but not essential.
* Have a good working knowledge of key project processes, including status reporting, budgeting and estimating, planning, dependency management, risk and issue management, quality gates and change management.
* Be able to effectively and accurately track a number of projects simultaneously.
* Demonstrate a strong technical knowledge encompassing processes, tools and techniques (e.g. Azure DevOps).
* Be proficient in Microsoft Office 365 with a strong eye for detail and presentation.
* Documenting and organising information in spreadsheets, document management systems (eg SharePoint).
Communication and Personal Attributes
* Organised approach.
* Have a flexible approach with the ability to work effectively under pressure and to tight deadlines and/or changing priorities.
* Persuasive, encouraging, and motivating.
* Strong written and oral communication skills.
* Ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
* Be highly motivated and able to work without supervision.
Problem Solving, Analysis and Reasoning
* Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
Accountability and Financial Dimensions
* No direct responsibility for budget or other financial dimensions
ersg are an equal opportunities employer; we are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all job applicants. We do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of age, sex, race, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or religious background; all decisions are based on merit.