Service Delivery Manager
Main Purpose of Job
The Desktop and Mobile Service Delivery manager (SDM), reports to the IT Service Delivery Manager. This role is primarily accountable for the successful delivery of a complex and wide-ranging 50,000 Desktop/Mobile as a Service outsource contract delivered to the business.
Experience of End User Computing / Mobile Device technology, Excellent Stakeholder Management, Commercial, Contractual and Supplier Management skills are therefore required to successfully execute this role.
The SDM also:
* Develops and implements changes to the Desktop/Mobile Service Delivery operation that anticipates and improves customer service.
* Ensures new Desktop/Mobile services are transitioned to an operational state either with Group IT Shared Services or with External suppliers.
* Develops effective relationships between IT and the aligned business unit(s) within the group.
* Ensures operational security and integrity of IT services and that services are compliant with audit and regulatory requirements.
* Develops and maintains effective commercial and service management of external suppliers, including monitoring of all direct contractual agreements: financial, term and conditions of use.
* Accountable for the Desktop and Mobile Operational Services delivered to the business in line with contractual and agreed service levels
* Accountable for leading Desktop and Mobile service improvements end to end
* Accountable for scheduling the review and renewals of Desktop and Mobile contracts and providing input for strategic reviews with procurement business partners.
* Ensure continual improvement of Service Delivery processes to align with best practice
* Accountable for ensuring Desktop/Mobile services are compliant: GDPR, Security and Resilience working within the Group Policies and risk appetite.
* Demonstrate an ongoing and sustained reduction in Incidents and Problems by ensuring effective Root Cause Investigation and the implementation of permanent fixes
* Ensure protection of service availability through effective management of services and business change
* Manage the production, acceptance, implementation and review of Service Level Agreements for Desktop/Mobile Services
* Provide guidance to business stakeholders and technical teams as required
* Act as an ambassador for company policies, values and culture to other teams and individuals within the group
Education, Experience, Knowledge, Functional and Technical Skills and Communication and Personal Attributes
* A minimum of 5 years' relevant experience, some of it gained in other organisations
* Commercial, Financial, Contract and Supplier Management experience.
* Skilled and experienced in stakeholder management including excellent communication, interpersonal, influencing, negotiation skills, and be able to liaise effectively with senior stake holders
* Experience of delivering Desktop and Mobile IT services and disciplines, coupled with expertise in professional standards.
* Presentation skills and the ability to build relationships is important.
Functional and Technical Skills
* Strong interest and knowledge of End User Computing / Mobile Device technology
* A minimum of 5 years' technical or functional experience delivering a Desktop/Mobile - End User services - outsource service
* Expert in the use of Service Management processes and industry best practice such as ITIL;
Communication and Personal Attributes
* Good communicator, both written and orally.
* Customer focussed, self-motivator, flexible with a "can-do" attitude and positive influencing skills.
ersg are an equal opportunities employer; we are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all job applicants. We do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of age, sex, race, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or religious background; all decisions are based on merit.