Remote with ad hoc travel required
Group IT Solution Architect Role for Asset Lifecycle Management
The role will report into Solution Architecture, but day-to-day work assignments will be the responsibility of the Group IT Senior Business Partner.
The ability to pay attention to detail, communicate well and be highly organised are essential skills for this Solutions Architecture role. They not only need to understand the As-Is but be able to provide a clear vision of the To-Be through clear written, presentation and verbal communication.
The role requires creating a detailed view of an existing technical architecture, including all data sources, integrations, field mappings, discovery agents and tools, plus identification of existing gaps, issues, risks, and opportunities.
This will be followed by the creation of a detailed architectural view and consolidation plan for the To-Be state of our asset lifecycle data. This must be supported by our key technical and Service Management owners.
The Solution Architect role will involve working closely with Enterprise Architects and Service Management stakeholders to interpret the technology roadmap for asset lifecycles. Also, by collaborating with the project management team, Solution Architects mitigate the risks of product misalignment with stakeholder requirements and ensure that the solution fits the defined purpose.
* Delivers high-level solution models and solution architectures in line with business requirements, organisation and industry standards
* Ensures compliance of all high-level solution models and solution architectures to the Target Architecture, roadmaps, architecture principles and standards
* Assesses the impact of business change requests on the existing architecture and support the prioritisation of these changes
* Provides direction and guidance on projects ensuring adherence to Architecture and Design standards and the Target Architecture
* Works with the project stakeholders to understand the business requirements so that recommended solution options provide the best fit against requirements and budget
* Creates solution options and solution architectures, ensuring any deviations to the standards are handled through the Architecture Governance process
* Be accountable for the viability of proposed solutions and provides direction, advice and guidance on the appropriate approach to the solution throughout the project
* Performs the design authority role on projects ensuring that the detailed designs and solutions delivered align to the solution architecture, managing and resolving any design issues as they arise
* Manages activities that take place during solution ideation, solution design, and solution implementation.
* Communicates the architecture to the stakeholders and collaborates and coordinates with existing Infrastructure Architects in the formalization and adoption of IT standards and procedures.
* Champions a structured approach to business application solutions.
* Assures solutions not only are a fit for the specific purpose but also closely align with the standards guidelines of technology solutions.
* Influences changes to standards when necessary.
* Assists Infrastructure Architecture team on solutions management and timing of financial spend for application solutions.
* Supports the architectural aspects of all application projects in peer IT portfolios.
* Directs the identification and recommendation of appropriate solutions, upgrades, replacements, or decommissioning options incorporating business and technology productivity, usability, and ownership.
* Develops and executes solutions which further reduce the percentage of time spent on reactive work.
* Provides analysis of security protection technologies as necessary.
Technical skillset and Experience:
High level of proficiency with general toolsets including Excel (Power Queries, Pivot), Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint and Teams
Skills and Experience:
* Ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new or existing technologies
* Strong communication skills, capable of explaining complex technical problems in a simple, structured and compelling way to business stakeholders
* Analytical and problem-solving skills
* Ability to work under indirect supervision
* Broad understanding of information technology topics
* Effective interpersonal skills and collaborative management style to include teamwork and team building ability
* Comfortable with ambiguity and time spent outside of comfort zone acquiring new skills
* Flexible in a fast-paced dynamic environment with shifting roles and responsibilities
* Technically creative and open-minded
Technology awareness across a broad range of technologies, including:
* Service Now CMDB
* Modern Managed Device toolsets / Intune / Desktop Analytics / Autopilot
* Snow Software Asset Management
* Microsoft technologies - SQL / Biztalk / .NET / Dynamics / O365 / Cortex / TEAMS / TEAMS Telephony
* SaaS / PaaS / Cloud technologies
* Networking / IP / DNS / DHCP / Routing / Firewalls / SDWAN / Telephony
ersg are an equal opportunities employer; we are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all job applicants. We do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of age, sex, race, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or religious background; all decisions are based on merit.