Agile Business Architect - JP1777
Main Purpose of Job
This role is responsible for driving an agile transformation within SSE and cultural change to deliver increased business agility and embed lean and agile principles in our ways of working. The role holder will be responsible for co-creating agile operating models across our business units, working closely with the Senior Leadership of the IT teams. The Agile Business Architect will work at pace with the key stakeholders across SSE Group businesses to ensure readiness for agile adoption, liaising with other core IT functions to ensure training, embedment and adoption are well targeted, efficiently delivered and yield tangible return.
* Working with the IT Effectiveness Programme and IT Senior leadership team to develop Agile Operating Models in support of SSE's Agile transformation programme.
* Working with senior stakeholders across IT and the SSE Group to define the direction of the programme and then form and manage cross-business and cross-functional project teams to implement and deliver the change.
* Working closely with IT leadership and IT Effectiveness steering group attendees to understand each units agile transformation requirements.
* Act as a business partnership to IT leadership teams to assess their organisation for agile maturity and build collaborative plans to drive improved agility.
* Demonstrate deep knowledge of agile delivery frameworks and methods and to be able to mentor and coach IT leadership and functional leaders throughout SSE to build internal capability and confidence in agile ways of working.
* Through direct management as well as leveraging a network of agile coaches, provide leadership to the Agile Delivery Teams to accelerate their agile transformation.
Business Knowledge, Expertise & Personal attributes
* Credible expert in Agile, both in pragmatic Delivery terms of Project, Programmes and Portfolios and set up and direction of Agile methods and techniques in the transformation of functions and organisations
* Experience in successful delivery of Agile Startup Methods (or relevant equivalent).
* Experience influencing at a senior management level and above
* Strong teaching and coaching skills. Able to inspire and challenge learners to apply principles and tools taught quickly and effectively.
* Experience coaching and mentoring Business Improvement professionals.
* Energetic and passionate advocate of Agile ways of working.
* Excellent planning, time management, organisational and prioritisation skills.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
ersg are an equal opportunities employer; we are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all job applicants. We do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of age, sex, race, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or religious background; all decisions are based on merit.