Building Physics Consultant
Our client are currently looking to grow their Mechanical & Electrical building services team. Consequently, they are looking to grow this dynamic and integral team to include increased expertise within their building physics capability. They currently provide a comprehensive design and advisory service focused on areas such as:-
- Concept to detailed design of all mechanical and electrical building engineering services for end users, developers and contractors.
- Pre-planning support (Energy strategies and statements, carbon budgets, DSO assessment, sustainability statements, etc.)
- Net zero carbon route planning
- Expertise in delivery of projects in a BIM environment embedding production of both calculations and drawings into a common model.
- Holistic whole life asset cycle consultation services from pre-acquisition surveys, building design and post-occupancy energy compliance for leading portfolio asset management funds.
In particular, to deliver the above, the role will involve:
- Building Modelling (IESVE)
- Thermal analysis of buildings
- Internal daylight simulation
- Daylight; sunlight and overshadowing assessments
- TM52, TM54, TM59, TM65 analysis of buildings
- Building Regulations Part L compliance assessments
- Production and lodging of Energy Performance Certificates.
What you'll bring
We are looking for an ambitious, conscientious person who wants to be part of a vibrant team and is willing to learn. You will be expected to have the following personal attributes and skills:
- Existing expertise in all elements of building physics and detailed understanding of mechanical and electrical building engineering systems
- Desire to be actively involved in growth and development of the M&E disciplines which encompasses the building physics capability throughout the business and have aspirations to progress your career
- Accredited Level 4 and 5 Low Carbon Energy Assessor and be proficient in using IES Virtual Environment software
- Strong IT skills in the use of BIM focussed design software, Microsoft Office applications, IES VE, CFD software etc combined with a practical approach. You will also be able to demonstrate ability to work well in a team environment whilst also having personal initiative
Applicants should be able to present relevant experience, preferably through work experience and as part of an academic course, where invited to interview.
ersg are an equal opportunities employer; we are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all job applicants. We do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of age, sex, race, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or religious background; all decisions are based on merit.