Business Intelligence Analyst
To provide requirements gathering and analysis for IT on the Operational Reporting project. You will be responsible for understanding, supporting and documenting the Operational Reporting deliverables. You will support the IT PM and Business PM, be the spokesperson for IT where applicable and will be responsible for ensuring the changes are understood and the IT impact documented and communicated. You will work closely with the Business team, third party Suppliers and IT development teams. You will need to be able to juggle multiple work items at any given time. A Business Intelligence background to some degree is essential as well as a good track record in project business analysis. Although this role reports into IT and a solid understanding of IT is required, a proven track record in Business Intelligence change and business analysis in general is more critical.
* Ability to gather and analyse reporting requirements for the subsequent identification of an appropriate solution.
* Excellent communication skills, able to consult with business units and individuals effectively
* Ability to run meetings and workshops.
* Experience with Azure DevOps or Jira.
* Understand business processes and logics in the source system that impacts the data model.
* Experience of Data Lineage / Data Mapping and understands where the different Data points will feed into.
* Good understanding of SQL and relationship of data tables and fields.
* Works with business system colleagues to clarify requirements, to plan implementation and to answer queries through the development process
* Plan, prioritise, manage and execute analysis work on multiple simple or individual complex items in order to meet project timescales
* Works with the business to understand and prioritise conflicting needs
* Contribute to the execution of user system testing and to the test plan
* Undertake personal responsibility for IT data security by ensuring that rules and practices are identified
* Identify and determine full project lifecycle deliverables using standard methods
* Present business and technical concepts to process owners and business users
* Identify and assess business and IT risk
* Prepare reports and communications that are tailored to different situations and audiences
* Carry out and support the multiple project parties and be able to identify concern and to develop clear direction
Education, Experience, Knowledge, Functional and Technical Skills and Communication and Personal Attributes
* Experience from a similar role in supporting business critical systems in a medium/large organisation
* Demonstrate a comprehensive breadth and depth of knowledge and experience
* Business Intelligence experience
* Ideally have an understanding of the gas and electricity industry
Functional and Technical Skills
* Excellent analysis and knowledge transfer skills to a proven professional level
* Able to take ownership of problems and requests as well as the ability to work in a pressurised environment
* Excellent time management skills; able to effectively plans own and others' time
* Able to visualise and articulate proposed solutions to business problems provided by design team to business areas
Communication and Personal Attributes
* A proactive approach with the ability to prioritise own workload within demanding schedules
* Strong written and verbal skills
* Good facilitation skills; enables people to reach agreement and develop work practices
Problem Solving, Analysis and Reasoning
* A systematic, disciplined and analytical approach to problem solving
* Forms judgements based on logical conclusions that have been drawn from available facts
ersg are an equal opportunities employer; we are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all job applicants. We do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of age, sex, race, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or religious background; all decisions are based on merit.