We're looking for a multi-skilled Data Engineer to take the lead on a solution to deliver a centralised reporting system for IT security configuration. A proof-of-concept has already been developed and you will be building on and improving this solution. This will involve bringing together data from several disparate reporting and logging systems into a central location to perform data analysis. It is expected the solution will be provide key actionable insights to our client's Cyber Risk and Information Security team.
The key responsibilities are:
1. Develop a solution that will scale to allow multiple data sources to be easily added to (and removed from) the solution over time to be ingested into a central data store which can then be analysed using a single reporting tool (Power BI).
2. To ensure the continued safety, security, and integrity of IT services by ensuring the solution complies with data security, audit and regulatory requirements.
3. Work with stakeholders to interpret requirements and deliver functionality in an iterative release cycle.
4. To strive for continual improvements in quality and performance of the solution.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
1. Technical experience in or knowledge of deploying, configuring, and developing solutions using Azure resources (such as Data Bricks, Data Factory and Cosmos DB), Microsoft solutions (such as Power BI) and experience of interrogating web APIs. Qualifications or equivalent experience in Azure Fundamentals, Azure Data Factory, Azure Security and Azure Cosmos DB would be highly beneficial.
2. The ability to advise on Azure best practice to deliver end-to-end improvements to the existing solution.
3. The capability to lead the creation of new functionality to our existing systems.
4. The ability to manage multiple stakeholders at all levels within the organisation
ersg are an equal opportunities employer; we are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all job applicants. We do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of age, sex, race, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or religious background; all decisions are based on merit.