IT Delivery Lead
Remote with ad hoc travel
Main Purpose of Job
We are embedding agility in our ways of working, building capability for a digital SSE of the future, meeting the needs of our customers in a new way.
The Delivery Lead will be responsible for leading solution development teams to realise the product roadmap and critical role for building capability within the relevant area. A vital part of the role is delivering the requirements as per the customer expectations.
They will be responsible for the end-to-end delivery of the product lifecycle and product roadmap via their multi-disciplinary delivery team through the use of Agile/iterative methodologies, ensuring effective control over costs and resourcing enabling the delivery of business outcomes.
Key to the role is to manage the operational aspects of the delivery teams, ensuring risk, legal, security and other compliance requirements are met.
* Lead the delivery of technology solutions with focus on tangible business outcomes in accordance with the Agile/iterative methodologies
* Work within a multi-disciplinary team to manage the delivery across end-to-end product lifecycle to ensure that resultant systems/services deliver the specified outcomes, within budget and timescale.
* Provide regular updates against the defined outcomes to demonstrate performance and progress against the product roadmap.
* Ensure reporting information is accurately captured in support of portfolio governance.
* Manage cross product and external dependencies, ensuring activities are joined up from an operational and delivery point of view.
* Coach team members in Agile best practices and maintain continuous focus on improvements to ways of working.
* Act as Scrum Master to plan and facilitate appropriate ceremonies.
* Managing project accounting and budgetary requirements
* Demonstrable experience of successfully running, and tailoring Agile delivery with multiple delivery teams within enterprise sized organisations
* Experience delivering migration projects that move systems from on premise hardware to Azure cloud
* Ability to manage complex delivery in a complex environment, potentially including applying remedial measures where appropriate
* Ability to adapt delivery processes to optimise delivery of outcomes
* Previous experience with the Azure DevOps tool would be advantageous
ersg are an equal opportunities employer; we are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all job applicants. We do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of age, sex, race, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or religious background; all decisions are based on merit.