IT Disaster Recovery Manager
The role will involve developing, implementing, and managing the disaster recovery plan.
We are looking for an experienced DR Manager who can:
* Lead on IT DR, including planning, building, and managing enterprise wide IT disaster recovery
* Develop IT DR strategies, plan their development and testing
* Develop recovery improvement metrics
* Help run impact assessments and lead on the activation of the IT DR plan
* Develop DR plans that reduce impact of any disruption, lead times by restoring our data, data centres, infra, and making critical applications available as quickly as possible
* Oversee the design, execution and continuous improvement of IT DR plans through rigorous testing / exercising and/or when a major disruption occur collaborating with the business, BCM community, key IT staff etc.
* Manage the IT DR with a focus on budgeting and achieving financial estimates, identifying and ensuring adequacy of recovery resources and capacity
* Translate recovery requirements into actionable recovery plans
* Provide a monthly update on status of the IT DR plan to senior management
* Work across many different teams, in many different disciplines, including senior management, CIOs, business operations and IT staff, audit, compliance and security etc.
* A BCM certification / membership in the BC Institute
* Understanding of and experience in applying ISO 27001, ITIL v3, DRI International (DRII) or Business Continuity Institute (BCI) professional practices
* At least 10 years of experience in implementing IT DR plans, including:
o Policy, organization and architecture development
o Data centre, infrastructure development and management
o Backup, recovery, storage systems and IT security management
o Recovery strategy development, and multiple plan development and maintenance, recovery plan testing
o Ideally has had experience in a similar industry
o Experience in defining, implementing and enforcing procedures for responding to disruptions in business and/or IT operations
ersg are an equal opportunities employer; we are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all job applicants. We do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of age, sex, race, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or religious background; all decisions are based on merit.