IT Implementation Project Manager
You will support the activities of the department European market and offshore, taking up a project manager role with affinity for complex projects and IT topic. Your role will be further expanded with expert activities in the European market coupling.
The department European market and offshore is in charge of:
- Contributing to the further integration of electricity markets at European level, in collaboration with all the other Transmission System Operators in EU and with all the Nominated Energy Market Operators (NEMOs). This covers tasks related to capacity calculation and capacity allocation in different timeframes (long term, day-ahead, intraday).
- Preparing the integration of the next wave of offshore wind in Belgium (Princess Elisabeth Island project), from a market, balancing and system operation perspective.
These activities are organized through two large cross-departmental programs in the company, which are involving experts with different technical, market or operational backgrounds.
Your activities will expand on both the market integration and the offshore aspects, depending on your background and on the needs of the department. The type of tasks will include:
- Project manager role within the company ensuring the implementation of European projects within the company and on Belgian level;
- Implementation aspects, from IT perspective, but also from regulatory or contractual side;
- Participation as Elia representative to working groups within the different European market coupling governances.
- Conceptual design thinking;
- Managing conflicts of interest within a project of different internal and external stakeholders;
- Communication towards market parties and regulatory authorities.
- You hold a Master's degree in a technical field (e.g. engineering).
- You have a min 3 years of experience with project implementation (including IT projects)
- You can communicate very well in English and French or Dutch.
- Any prior experience on market integration and/or offshore topic is a plus, from technical, operational or regulatory perspective
- You are a good communicator and can facilitated diplomatic communication between multiple experts in different internal departments or in external organizations.
- You are interested in technical, legislative and economic matters.
- You are organized and can handle multiple and complex projects at once while continuing to pay close attention to detail.
- You enjoy working with a wide range of people.
- Start: ASAP
- End: 31/12/2024, with possible extension
- Work regime: full time
- Location: 3 days per week in the office (Brussels)
- Travel: For this service request, the consultant will travel abroad (EU) at least once a month.
ersg are an equal opportunities employer; we are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all job applicants. We do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of age, sex, race, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or religious background; all decisions are based on merit.