We are currently looking for a Lead Service Engineer to be part of the service team supporting a renowned South London hospital and the NHS. This would suit a self-motivated individual that can work well within a team with strong interpersonal skills as this is client facing role. As the first point of contact for the client you will be responsible for all reactive calls and completion of the onsite remedial works and have the opportunity to get involved in numerous projects of various sizes. You will work closely and support the second engineer who focuses on the PPM's each month, and you will complete some PPM's when time permits. The role covers the main site and all satellite sites.
The Engineer will report directly to the Service Contracts Manager but will also have close communication with the Small Projects & Technical Service Manager.
This role is site based and you will have a desk in the dedicated company office which has access to the BMS Supervisor and the engineering tools.
An eye for detail and the desire to improve systems and energy efficiency will be valuable skills and an area you will be able to develop further as part of the role.
There is a certain amount of autonomy, and you are expected to manage your own workload and diary day to day, customer satisfaction will be the biggest measurable of your performance.
The site has critical plant, and, on some occasions, you will be expected to stay beyond the contracted hours to resolve an emergency. If and when this happens the time will be given back to you the next day or to suit your preference.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Know and understand the Company values and ethos to ensure that this is disseminated throughout the business.
- To be primary site contact for estates department for all reactive BMS issues.
- To Build a strong working relationship with the estates department at the hospital.
- Provide detailed information to the office so that accurate quotations can be provided.
- Look for innovative solutions to assist the hospital to reach it energy efficiency goals.
- Provide detailed reports following any incidents.
- Ensure onsite Siemsatec office is kept in good order.
- Ensure all remedial jobs are completed and set ready to invoice.
- Complete PPMs.
- Visit second site monthly.
- Visit third Quarterly.
- To support the PPM engineer.
- Be on the company call out rota (1 in 7).
- Previous experience in a service role.
- Minimum 1 years' experience working within the BMS industry.
Able to deal with clients diplomatically.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Extensive knowledge of BMS
- Minimum 3 years working within a similar role.
- Minimum 3 years working within the BMS Industry.
- Previous experience in a static role
- Extensive knowledge of Trend BMS.
- Understanding of mechanical plant and control applications. Experience in energy monitoring and/or efficiency practices.
- Electrical or mechanical qualifications.
- Trend Expert or equivalent
- Salary negotiable, depending on experience
- 25 days holiday + Birthday day off on completion of 1 year service.
- Car allowance & business mileage reimbursement.
- Laptop, mobile phone & all tools required to complete the role.
- Death in service cover.
- Company pension.
- Bonus Scheme.
- Health cover.
- The hours for the role are 8:00am until 16:30pm with a 30-minute break for lunch.
ersg are an equal opportunities employer; we are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all job applicants. We do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of age, sex, race, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or religious background; all decisions are based on merit.