ersg are looking for a Legal & Contracts Advisor to join our Legal team. The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate a high level of accuracy and attention to detail as well as being fast-learning and motivated. We are looking for someone with excellent organisational skills, is willing to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
Previous experience of contract law is preferred, but full training will be provided.
- Taking responsibility for the drafting, reviewing and negotiation of client contracts (for both temporary assignments and permanent positions) in support of new business for the global ERSG entities. This includes following the appropriate sign off process in place, advising the Business Managers on commercial terms and post-execution contract management tasks.
- Reviewing and amending various third-party agreements such as non-disclosure/non-competition agreements, supplier agreements and various other legal documents.
- Attending client meetings or liaising directly with clients to support the ERSG Recruitment consultants in their efforts to win new business, negotiate terms or any other legal support needed.
- Taking responsibility for the management and resolution of national and international legal disputes, including contractual disputes, employment matters, debt recovery procedures and preparation of court documentation.
- Acting as a first escalation point, with the assistance of junior members of the team, for legal and contractual queries arising from the Contracts & Compliance team.
- Overseeing and supporting the work permit application process performed by junior members of the team and coordinating with local immigration partners when legal input is needed.
- Managing a junior legal advisor, taking responsibility for the training and the development of junior members of the Legal Department, offering support and guidance where needed.
- A good understanding of contract law is preferable.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent organisation skills, and the ability to prioritise workload and manage well under pressure.
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team.
- Degree level education (ideally a Law degree).
- Competent in Microsoft Office
Set up in 2008, ersg is an award winning, international leader in staffing services to the global energy and built environment markets. We work with major international companies through to smaller independent businesses to enable their projects to be facilitated effectively throughout the entire project life cycle. Whilst headquartered in London, our global business has over 150 staff with offices across Europe, the US and Asia.
ersg are an equal opportunities employer; we are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all staff job applicants. We do not discriminate against staff or applicants on the basis of age, sex, race, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or religious background; all decisions are based on merit.