Remote with ad hoc travel required
Key to the role is to identify project risks and issues, assessing and recognising criticalities and contingencies.
The Project Manager 4 [Senior Project Manager] will need to be focused on targets and requirements, with an ability to be adaptable to meet changing business environments. Reports on progress to the relevant Lead Project Manager or Programme Manager.
* Establish and maintain highly effective relationships within projects and other project and business teams to ensure that interfaces work correctly.
* Deliver the projects to the required quality and success criteria as defined in the project definition or Project Initiation Document (PID).
* Management of 3rd parties, acting as a routine contact point between organisation and supplier.
* Manage cross project and programme dependencies, ensuring activities are joined up from an operational and delivery point of view.
* Proactively manage, through appropriate project management frameworks key customer and stakeholder relationships relevant to the projects
* Manage projects to ensure that resultant systems/services deliver the specified objectives, within budget and timescale.
* Maintain and manage internal and external project dependencies.
* Monitor contract performance, manage underperformance and escalate where necessary.
* Ensure that IT/business strategy, policy and standards are adhered to, thus achieving commonality and ease of maintenance.
* Define and agree the scope and business priorities of the project or programme.
* Develop and agree acceptance criteria for the relevant project or projects
* Analyse problems, action and progress issues as appropriate, ensuring follow through to resolution.
* Provide regular updates against targets to demonstrate performance and progress against the project plan.
* Proactively manage the interfaces into projects, the portfolio and the business.
* Presenting work project information into the gate review process.
* To provide regular reports in support of project governance.
* Providing input into the governance process itself, including the methods and tools to be used.
* Applying lessons learnt process and actively elicit relevant feedback.
* Ability to provide leadership and focus for the project teams.
* Experience of having shaped business cases and delivering real benefits to an organisation.
* Demonstrable experience of having managed and delivered Windows upgrade projects successfully from end to end.
* Experience and ability to prioritise.
* Ability to manage complex projects in a complex environment, potentially including applying remedial measures to project delivery.
* Demonstrable experience of applying and advising project governance frameworks.
* Ability to adapt project processes to optimise project delivery.
* Ability to demonstrate a track record of delivery from a goal orientated perspective.
* Ability to work in a technically or organisationally complex environment.
* Experience of working in a matrix organisation.
* Ability to provide information in a logical and consistent manner.
* Ability to deal with ambiguity to bring stability to project delivery.
* In-depth understanding of IT products, services and systems.
* Ability to thrive in a challenging environment and develop new skills.
* Ability to negotiate timelines and other delivery metrics around projects.
* Ability to identify and manage key stakeholders.
* Application of the concepts of project risks and issues.
* Ability to develop countermeasures and contingency plans associated with significant project risk.
* Experience of project cost accounting and a good understanding of capex budgetary structures.
* Ability to choose and deploy the appropriate approaches for the projects being delivered.
* Application of relevant project change control mechanisms, including the transition process into operations and acceptance criteria.
* Clear understanding of the operational change control and service acceptance processes.
* Shows a high level of planning aptitude.
* Customer focused approach.
* Articulate with effective written, interpersonal and analytical skills.
* Team leader, player and collaborator.
* Ability to delegate appropriately and effectively.
* Conflict resolution through negotiation.
* Resilient, with the ability to work well under pressure.
* Influencing skills and attention to detail.
* Ability to apply the concepts of project governance.
* Consistently demonstrates a proactive approach to problem solving.
ersg are an equal opportunities employer; we are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all job applicants. We do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of age, sex, race, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or religious background; all decisions are based on merit.