Remote with ad hoc travelled required for occasional workshops
The Senior Project Manager is the point of delivery for operationally critical projects, likely to include a portfolio of related projects, potentially of strategic importance to Scottish and Southern Energy Group with direct business impact with firm deadlines. A vital part of the role is delivering the requirements as per the customer expectations.
The end to end delivery of the relevant projects through the use of best practice methodologies, ensuring effective control over costs and resourcing enabling the delivery of projects to budget, quality and time.
The Senior Project Manager will need to be focused on targets and requirements, with an ability to be adaptable to meet changing business environments. Reports on progress to the Programme Manager.
Skills / Experience
* Ability to apply the concepts of project governance.
* Ability to negotiate timelines and other delivery metrics around projects.
* Ability to identify and manage key stakeholders.
* Application of the concepts of project risks and issues.
* Ability to develop counter-measures and contingency plans associated with significant project risk.
* Experience of project cost accounting and a good understanding of capex vs opex budgetary structures.
* Ability to choose and deploy the appropriate approaches for the projects being delivered.
* Application of relevant project change control mechanisms, including the transition process into operations and acceptance criteria.
* Clear understanding of the operational change control and service acceptance processes.
* Shows a high level of planning aptitude.
* Customer focused approach.
* Articulate with effective written, interpersonal and analytical skills.
* Team leader, player and collaborator.
* Ability to delegate appropriately and effectively but also a self-starter to keep the Project moving on own initiative.
* Conflict resolution through negotiation.
* Resilient, with the ability to work well under pressure.
* Influencing skills and attention to detail.
* Consistently demonstrates a proactive approach to problem solving.
* Establish and maintain highly effective relationships within projects and other project and business teams to ensure that interfaces work correctly.
* Deliver the projects to the required quality and success criteria as defined in the project definition or Project Initiation Document (PID).
* Management of 3rd parties, acting as a routine contact point between organisation and supplier.
* Manage cross project and programme dependencies, ensuring activities are joined up from an operational and delivery point of view.
* Proactively manage, through appropriate project management frameworks key customer and stakeholder relationships relevant to the projects
* Manage projects to ensure that resultant systems/services deliver the specified objectives, within budget and timescale.
* Maintain and manage internal and external project dependencies.
* Monitor contract performance, manage underperformance and escalate where necessary.
* Ensure that IT/business strategy, policy and standards are adhered to, thus achieving commonality and ease of maintenance.
* Define and agree the scope and business priorities of the project or programme.
* Develop and agree acceptance criteria for the relevant project or projects
* Analyse problems, action and progress issues as appropriate, ensuring follow through to resolution.
* Provide regular updates against targets to demonstrate performance and progress against the project plan.
* Proactively manage the interfaces into projects, the portfolio and the business.
* Presenting work project information into the gate review process.
* To provide regular reports in support of project governance.
* Providing input into the governance process itself, including the methods and tools to be used.
* Applying lessons learnt process and actively elicit relevant feedback.
* Ability to provide leadership and focus for the project teams.
* Able to articulate the environment that supports our client's Vision and Values, whilst encouraging innovation.
* Demonstrable experience of having managed and delivered projects successfully from end to end.
* Experience of delivery to both Technical and Business teams within an organisation on a single project.
* Experience of delivering new Platforms to Business users of a large organisation - preferably Data platforms - both technology stand-up as well as Target Operating Model.
* Experience in contributing to the definition phase , as well as delivery afterwards, of a Target Operating Model for a new platform.
* Experience and ability to prioritise.
* Ability to manage complex projects in a complex environment, potentially including applying remedial measures to project delivery.
* Demonstrable experience of applying and advising project governance frameworks.
* Ability to adapt project processes to optimise project delivery.
* Ability to demonstrate a track record of delivery from a goal orientated perspective.
* Experience of having shaped business cases and delivering real benefits to an organisation.
* Experience of Agile would be an advantage.
* Ability to work in a technically or organisationally complex environment.
* Experience of working in a matrix organisation.
* Ability to provide information in a logical and consistent manner.
* Ability to deal with ambiguity to bring stability to project delivery.
* In-depth understanding of IT products, services and systems.
* Ability to thrive in a challenging environment and develop new skills.
ersg are an equal opportunities employer; we are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all job applicants. We do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of age, sex, race, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or religious background; all decisions are based on merit.