Our client is seeking a highly skilled HSE Manager to lead the HSE initiatives for wind energy construction projects in Japan. The ideal candidate will have experience in driving the implementation and continuous improvement of HSE management systems and processes in a senior management position.
- Lead the execution of HSE programs and processes throughout construction.
- Continuously assess emerging HSE risks and control effectiveness across Construction and facilitate proactive action
- Establish a consistent and aligned approach to HSE systems across Construction and Service
- Monitor performance and compliance throughout Construction, intervening and stopping processes or actions where HSE standards are not met
- Lead a team of Construction HSE resources and develop a proactive HSE culture.
- 3-5 years of HSE work experience and a strong knowledge of Japanese HSE regulations and legislation.
- Minimum of 3 years of HSE management/supervision experience, ideally at a senior companywide level.
- Business level fluency in English and Japanese.
- Expertise in risk assessments, incident investigation and root cause analysis
- Proficiency in contractor/subcontractor HSE management
- Experience in supervising and influencing a team of HSE resources and cross-functional leaders
- Demonstrated ability to establish, implement and manage HSE best practices and programs
- Previous experience or strong understanding of hazards and risks particular to wind energy projects
ersg are an equal opportunities employer; we are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all job applicants. We do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of age, sex, race, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or religious background; all decisions are based on merit.