PURPOSE OF THE FUNCTION
Machining of plates into rumps with the help of a roller, based on the correct specifications and with the highest possible awareness with regard to Safety, Health and the Environment.
PLACE IN THE ORGANISATION
DESCRIPTION OF KEY TASKS
- Main tasks to be performed:
- rolling and pre-clamping plates based on the associated Route Cards or pull-out sheets;
- fastening the rumps in the roller based on indicated fastening procedures;
- calibrating rumps within the indicated tolerances;
- correctly completing the Route Cards for the workpiece;
- timely signalling and reporting of deviations on the product and/or the roller.
- Side tasks to be performed:
- keeping an eye on the temperature of the various machine components;
- visually checking the machine;
- working through the maintenance card with daily, weekly and monthly points for attention;
- providing for neatness and tidiness at the workplace;
- performing preventive maintenance on the production resources based on the applicable regulations;
- correctly completing the maintenance cards.
Communication and leadership:
- Operations Manager;
- Production Manager;
- Hall Coordinator;
- employees of the internal organisation;
- Assistant Roller.
- rollers, welding equipment and measuring tools (radius gauges, measuring rod, tape measure, laser).
POWERS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Is authorised to:
- define the correct working method;
- take initiatives within the frame of reference defined by the Hall Coordinator;
- deviate from the production sequence list with the permission of the Hall Coordinator and/or Production Manager.
Is responsible for:
- conforming to the weekly production sequence list;
- conforming to the Route Cards and/or pull-out sheets;
- conforming to fastening procedures;
- correctly completing the Route Cards;
- timely signalling and reporting of deviations on the product and/or the roller;
- neatness and tidiness at the workplace;
- complying with the safety regulations and standard instructions;
- performing preventive maintenance on the production resources.
- oral communication.
- LBO level of working and thinking, acquired by completing a technical education;
- in possession of a valid VCA diploma;
- knowledge of and experience in welding techniques (soldering)
- in possession of a soldering qualification
- knowledge of and experience with relevant means of transport (overhead cranes, trolleys etc.);
- knowledge of and experience in metalworking.
SAFETY, HEALTH AND THE ENVIRONMENT:
- working based on the valid SHE regulations in the Policy;
- signalling and communicating potentially unsafe situations and (near) accidents;
- displaying environmental awareness by means of energy-conscious working, waste segregation and developing initiatives for environmentally responsible production.
ersg are an equal opportunities employer; we are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all job applicants. We do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of age, sex, race, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or religious background; all decisions are based on merit.