Working within our Rail Civils business on a wide range of projects, from upgrades and simple footbridge structures in the UK to complex bridges on multi-billion-pound infrastructure projects in Israel and Australia.
What you'll be doing
- Providing a comprehensive design and advisory service focused on meeting the engineering challenges involved in servicing the infrastructure requirements of renewal, enhancement and turnkey projects.
- Working across all types of railway systems.
- Working with a range of clients from local developers through to international contractors and public sector bodies.
What you'll bring
- Ability to work independently, and manage others, to produce designs for approval and construction.
- Experience of previous project / contract experience
- Experience of project inception to construction.
- Experience of railway design projects and general bridge design would be advantageous.
- Experience using ProjectWise and Eb would be beneficial as would knowledge of Network Rail standards.
- Proven experience working across all types of railway systems.
- Strong IT skills and be fully conversant with our industry standard design software packages such as Tedds and STAAD.
- Knowledge and experience of current health and safety legislation including CDM Regulations.
- Ability in using design standards and technical guidance to produce designs with respect to rail projects.
- Knowledge and experience working with Eurocodes and Network Rail standards.
- Appreciation of the other rail disciplines and the wider aspects of design and construction.
- Experience in the use of Microsoft software packages including Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Bridge design experience would be advantageous.
- Experience managing projects using engineering judgement.
- Knowledge of Building Information Modelling (BIM) and how it is applied.
- Working towards incorporated or chartered status with a relevant engineering institution (eg. ICE).
ersg are an equal opportunities employer; we are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all job applicants. We do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of age, sex, race, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or religious background; all decisions are based on merit.