Senior Solutions Architect
Location - remote
This role is for a senior solution architect to lead and assist with delivery on a digital programme of work.
Delivery within this programme covers a broad range of areas including: Asset Management Systems (physical assets such as solar / battery farms), Cyber Essentials assurance, Electric Vehicle Charging solutions, Contact Centre services, Data lake, Data Integration.
Technologies include cloud, vendor hosted, and on-premise solutions.
Knowledge of the energy market would be beneficial
* Any integration with national grid and how integration works - balancing mechanism market
* Energy market integration
* Real time systems - how the organisation connects assets to trade on the markets
* Knowledge - what the business has to do to part take in trading
This role is expected to support the business and process owners by:
* Being able to explain complex concepts in simple terms
* Analysing ways to improve existing process and systems
* Work closely with professionals within SSE to ensure appropriate technical resources is available for delivery
* Work to existing frameworks and liaise across the organisation
* Account for possible project challenges on constraints including: risks, time, resources, and scope
* Work closely with project delivery teams to successfully monitor progress of initiatives
* Provide detailed specifications for proposed solutions
* Define clear goals for all aspects of a project and manage their proper execution
Expected qualities include:
* Experience developing IT and cloud infrastructure
* Current understanding of best practices regarding system security measures whilst liaising with the wider security team
* Experience in software engineering and design architecture
* Positive outlook, meeting challenges, and delivering high quality outcomes
* Advanced understanding of business analysis techniques and processes
* Project leadership skills
* Professional experience delivering, supporting, and analysing computer hardware and software
* Extensive knowledge and experience working across a variety of solutions and operating systems
ersg are an equal opportunities employer; we are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all job applicants. We do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of age, sex, race, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or religious background; all decisions are based on merit.