Azure Lead Application Designer
We are looking for passionate IT professionals to join our dynamic new team that is responsible for developing, maintaining and enhancing applications that are used across the landscape. You will be working in a fun, self-managing Agile team with a strong culture of teamwork, support and accountability.
Current focus in the team is to improve the back-end elements of an existing application with a goal to improve stability, supportability and scalability. As the Lead Application Designer you will be responsible for the redesign based on an agreed high-level architecture and infrastructure design as well as current existing functionality that may need to be reused. Post the application design phase, you will also be responsible for leading the development of the application, together with a small team of developers. You will also need to help identify and resolve complex problems while devising technical solutions that cater to the needs of the business.
You will be:
Designing and developing web applications (NodeJS & Angular) on an Azure platform with a focus of the whole application systems and services (front end and backend), including:
- Designing and creating ADF jobs
- API design and development
- Implementation of Cognitive search
- Application Insights
- Blob storage
- Keyvault integration
- Event Hub
- Cosmos DB design and development
- Coaching and leading by example within the team to add value to our products through design, development and release processes
Being a technical lead by turning the product backlog into workable solutions in line with the system design. Working with the team to define, develop, test and deliver business outcomes.
Defining, implementing and maintaining development standards in line with specifications.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would need you to have:
- Proven application design experience, from inception of the application to go live
- Ability to investigate and analyse information, and to draw conclusions
- Technical debugging skills to find the causes of any issues
- Experience with designing, building, and operating solutions using Azure cloud technologies and automated data driven testing
- Excellent technical computing, analysis, design and development skills to a proven professional level
- Experience in using source control management such as Git
- Experience in using software testing methodologies including unit testing, integration testing, system testing and vulnerability testing and tools
- Extensive experience of developing using Azure components
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Experience with Agile development and strong understanding of Azure service principles
- Fully conversant with Agile and DevOps development methodology and concepts, including CI/CD Coding, security testing best practice and standards
- Experience developing CI/CD workflows and tools
ersg are an equal opportunities employer; we are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all job applicants. We do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of age, sex, race, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or religious background; all decisions are based on merit.