The Delivery Lead will be responsible for leading solution development teams to realise the product roadmap and critical role for building capability within the relevant area. A vital part of the role is delivering the requirements as per the customer expectations.
They will be responsible for the end-to-end delivery of the product lifecycle and product roadmap via their delivery team through the use of best practice methodologies, ensuring effective control over costs and resourcing enabling the delivery of business outcomes.
Key to the role is to manage the operational aspects of the delivery teams, ensuring risk, legal, security and other compliance requirements are met.
The Delivery Lead will need to be focused on realising the products objectives, key results and other value targets defined on the product roadmap, with an ability to be adaptable to meet changing business environments. Collaborating closely with the Product Owner and Architecture Lead to ensure the product roadmaps have a right balance of delivering business outcomes, technology enablement and operational requirements. At times the Delivery Lead may be required to drive delivery across multiple pieces of work.
Experience with Cyber security, Operational Technology and supporting Control Room needs would be beneficial.
* Establish and maintain highly effective relationships with delivery teams, stakeholders at all levels and business teams to ensure that interfaces work correctly.
* Lead the delivery of technology solutions with focus on tangible business outcomes in accordance with the appropriate methodology
* Management of 3rd parties, reviewing their performance, ensuring alignment with our clients ways of working and values acting as a routine contact point between organisation and supplier.
* Manage cross product and external dependencies, ensuring activities are joined up from an operational and delivery point of view.
* Manage the delivery team across end-to-end product lifecycle to ensure that resultant systems/services deliver the specified outcomes, within budget and timescale.
* Ensure that IT/business strategy, policy and standards are adhered to, thus achieving commonality and ease of maintenance.
* Collaborate with the Product Owner with outlining the product roadmap.
* Realise the product objectives and key results as defined in the product roadmap
* Analyse problems, action and progress issues as appropriate, ensuring follow through to resolution.
* Provide regular updates against the defined outcomes to demonstrate performance and progress against the product roadmap.
* Presenting relevant information into the assurance point process.
* To ensure reporting information is accurately captured in support of portfolio governance
* Providing input into the governance process itself, including the methods and tools to be used.
* Work with delivery teams to ensure they are adopting and using appropriate methodologies and ceremonies effectively
We are using waterfall and agile delivery methodologies based on the body of work. A delivery lead may be required to use the appropriate frameworks based on context.
* Demonstrable experience of running successful delivery with multiple delivery teams - have strong technical knowledge to provide delivery teams with support and guidance
* Ability to provide leadership and focus for the delivery teams, building strong capability within relevant area
* Is able to articulate the environment that supports our client's Vision and Values, whilst encouraging innovation.
* Experience of having shaped business cases and delivering tangible benefits to an organisation.
* Experience and ability to prioritise.
* Ability to manage complex delivery in a complex environment, potentially including applying remedial measures where appropriate
* Demonstrable experience of applying and advising on delivery methods and frameworks
* Ability to adapt delivery processes to optimise delivery of outcomes
Functional and Technical Skills
* Experience in applying agile methodologies and supporting context, such as governance, process and culture across different levels of portfolio
* Ability to negotiate timelines and other delivery metrics across product lifecycle
* Ability to identify and manage key stakeholders.
* Application of the concepts of delivery risks and issues.
* Ability to develop counter-measures and contingency plans associated with significant delivery risk.
* Experience of project cost accounting and a good understanding of capex vs opex budgetary structures.
* Ability to choose and deploy the appropriate approaches for outcome delivery
* High level knowledge of development processes, including but not limited to DevOps, Scrum, Kanban and lean development
* Shows a high level of planning aptitude.
ersg are an equal opportunities employer; we are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all job applicants. We do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of age, sex, race, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or religious background; all decisions are based on merit.