Design / Assurance Analyst
2 - 3 days working on-site (can be worked out of the Leeds or Perth office also)
This role is to assist in supporting the Design Authority Manager to develop and maintain engineering project governance processes and tools in order to ensure successful delivery of our exciting pipeline of low carbon and hydrogen projects.
1. Project Governance
Assist in the preparation of, and subsequent maintenance of a library of governance documents, and manage the regular review and update cycles to ensure that a comprehensive suite of up-to-date guidance and tools is available.
Assist in scheduling and managing a programme of project assurance audits to ensure that engineering governance is being applied sufficiently and consistently across the project portfolio.
3. Progress/Status Reporting
Collation and moderation of weekly report across all projects to ensure line of sight to management, and escalation of key issues.
4. Resource Forecasting, Monitoring and Reporting
Ensure project resource forecasts are updated on a monthly basis and collation of data for presentation at monthly project governance meetings.
Collation of monthly figures for hours spent working on capital projects, review against forecasts, and communication to relevant finance colleagues.
5. Value Capture
Development and subsequent maintenance of a robust and transparent value capture process for project engineering teams to demonstrate the nature and quantum of value being added to projects.
Develop a focal point for engineering governance within a SharePoint Environment, and ensure that it is maintained up to date, and communicated across the project engineering teams.
7. Lessons Learned
Facilitate Engineering Lessons Learned workshops across all projects, and ensure that key lessons and trends are communicated across the engineering teams and beyond as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
* Experience of similar business governance or assurance processes would be an advantage but not essential.
Essential Functional / Technical Skills
· SharePoint and PowerBI ability; looking for someone who can come in and design and deliver a SharePoint site to be the focal point for all the governance processes and tools, the manager is looking for someone who can review and improve the reporting that SSE currently do in PowerBI.
* Experience of working within a professional office setting.
* Must have Strong IT literacy and competent use of Microsoft O365 and SharePoint.
* Experience of working with Microsoft Project is desirable.
* Attention to detail, including excellent written and grammatical English for preparation of reports and presentations.
Personal Attributes / Competencies
* Ability to work with accuracy and consistency.
* Ability to prioritise workload.
* Ability to work within a team and under own management to meet deadlines.
* Ability to adapt to change.
ersg are an equal opportunities employer; we are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all job applicants. We do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of age, sex, race, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or religious background; all decisions are based on merit.