A major player in the wind energy market is urgently ooking for a talented electrical Engineer who has strong experience of working on large scale power projects. You will be a key player on their senior managament team and will be responsible for handling all electrical engineering related issues for offshore and onshore wind farms in Japan.
- Act as the main contact point for external clients, particularly in Japanese projects, concerning electrical, grid, SCADA, and warranty matters during both sales and project execution phases.
- Assist the sales department by participating in contract negotiations and conducting in-depth analyses of new contracts and project tenders.
Offering comprehensive support to sales and project teams within the realm of wind turbine electrical systems,including:
- Providing technical guidance for electrical site assessments and grid connection issues.
- Resolving technical dilemmas stemming from the interpretation of national and international standards and grid codes.
- Addressing technical inquiries from clients and internal colleagues.
- Preparing the essential documentation required for regulatory approvals (e.g., construction permits).
- Act as a crucial link between the electrical, SCADA, and grid teams.
- Assist in the facilitation of commissioning tests, including activities such as pre-self-use inspections and grid tests.
- Create warranty documentation and actively participating in discussions related to warranties during the sales phase.
- Minimum 3 years experience in electrical engineering for power plant projects (solar, gas turbine, geothermal, biomass, biogas all welcome!)
- Minimum 2 years of engineering management experience
- Native level Japanese
- Advanced business level English to be able to confidently communicate with customers and other global offices.
- Previous experience of electrical engineering for wind turbine generators
- Local electrical engineering qualifications, (電気主任、電気工事士、電気施工管理等）
ersg are an equal opportunities employer; we are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all job applicants. We do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of age, sex, race, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or religious background; all decisions are based on merit.