The PMO Lead role combines specific Programme Management Office delivery responsibility with the management and development of planning, reporting, change control, document management & resource demand management.
Skills / Experience
* Be familiar with structured project management methodologies and a good understanding of the end-to-end project delivery lifecycle.
* Be able to effectively and accurately track a high number of projects simultaneously.
* Have a good working knowledge of key project processes, including status reporting, budgeting and estimating, planning, dependency management, risk and issue management, quality gates and change management.
* Excellent time management skills; able to effectively plans own and others' time.
* Demonstrate a strong technical knowledge encompassing processes, tools and techniques.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project.
* Excellent personal effectiveness, managing own workload and that of junior staff.
* Ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
* Have a flexible approach with the ability to work effectively under pressure and to tight deadlines and/or changing priorities.
* Persuasive, encouraging, and motivating, with the ability to create a high-performance environment.
* Demonstrate a positive, flexible approach towards the implementation of new initiatives.
* Excellent organisational skills.
* Strong written and oral communication skills.
* Be highly motivated and able to work on own initiative.
* Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
* Assisting in the development of project management methods, systems, tools and techniques
Implementation of support processes for PMO.
* Accountable for the submission of consolidated progress reports into governance boards to agreed reporting timetable.
* Monitor the portfolio of projects and programmes from inception to closure, ensuring that the delivery is on time, within budget, minimising potential risks and assessing to make sure it meets all strategic objectives.
* Highlight any deviation from baselined milestones or agreed budget.
* Proactive risk and issue management, including escalation of cross-programme and operational risks.
* Capacity management
* Oversees the development and performance management of the PMO team in line with the goals of the PMO manager.
* Supports and coaches Project and Programme Managers with all aspects of project and programme delivery, including planning and forecasting, risk and issue management, dependency management, and reporting.
* Coaching and mentoring the PMO team.
* Leads project end-of-stage reviews.
* Delegates for the PMO Manager when required.
* At least three years of relevant Project/Programme/Portfolio Management Office experience.
* Experience of staff development and performance management ranging from trainees through to experienced professionals, including setting and monitoring objectives.
* Experience of Influencing direct reports and other resources without a direct line reporting relationship.
* Ideally have experience of working as a Project Manager.
* Demonstrate the ability to identify and implement innovative and effective business improvements.
ersg are an equal opportunities employer; we are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all job applicants. We do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of age, sex, race, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or religious background; all decisions are based on merit.