Portfolio Finance Analyst
Remote with ad hoc travel to either Reading or Havant office
The main purpose of the Portfolio Finance Analyst role is to maintain financial controls and systems, including budgeting for all IT project expenditure. Day-to-day activities will include working closely with project and programme managers, senior management and other stakeholders within IT to provide a project cost accounting function to a growing portfolio of over 100 projects.
Skills / Experience
* Knowledge of the Oracle Project Cost Accounting system (or similar) would be advantageous.
* An excellent understanding of Project Cost Accounting fundamentals. Study towards an accountancy or related financial qualification would be helpful but is not essential.
* Good understanding of end-to-end project lifecycle delivery.
* Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel.
* Communication and Personal Attributes
* Ability to deliver under pressure whilst building relationships.
* Customer focused approach.
* Highly articulate with effective written and interpersonal skills
* Team player .
* Strong Influencing skills.
* Strong attention to detail.
* Ability to thrive in a challenging environment and develop new skills.
* Problem Solving, Analysis and Reasoning
* Excellent analytical skills
* Provide a professional finance function within the IT Portfolio Office to ensure the timely provision of project funding end effective financial control.
* Maintain financial controls enabling Project Cost Accounting for the portfolio including spend against budget, forecast spend and cost variance analysis.
* Manage the annual budgeting and roadmap process for IT projects.
* Provide financial management support for projects within the IT change portfolio, including budget development and monitoring, purchase order requisition and fulfilment, and reconciliation of projects and their close out.
* Ensure projects are managing their finances in line with the Transformational Change Governance Framework.
* Provide support and guidance to project managers in tracking their budgets.
* Monitor compliance with portfolio reporting / financial standards and intervene when this deviates or slips.
* Review funding requests to ensure they remain within approved project budgets.
* Participate in project review meetings to highlight finance related matters.
* Experience in annual budgeting process for projects or portfolios.
* Background in Portfolio Office functions or PMO functions, using collaborative skills in coaching others to complete required reports and managing financial reporting cycle on large projects.
* A demonstrable understanding of business areas, the Energy industry and IT.
* Knowledge of Transformational Change Governance Framework or an equivalent stage gate-based project governance process.
* Awareness of safety practices within high risk engineering environments.
* Awareness of information security practices within commercially sensitive environments.
ersg are an equal opportunities employer; we are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all job applicants. We do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of age, sex, race, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or religious background; all decisions are based on merit.