The Principal Engineer - Permanent Way will lead the production of permanent way engineering designs, studies and reports for railway infrastructure projects to achieve the required scope and quality. Act as Track CRE as directed on specific projects. Lead projects, to ensure project budgets and programmes are achieved. Provide technical guidance to other members of the Track Team and take an active role in ensuring safe design practices are adhered to.
- Lead the design of permanent way solutions for engineering projects in accordance with client requirements
- Act as Track CRE and checker on specific projects as directed by the Team Leader
- Achieve the scope agreed with the Design Manager/Project Co-ordinator regarding the effective delivery of projects to current engineering and safety standards.
- Manage and develop staff both on a daily basis and through the appraisal process in order to ensure the required skills are available within the department to meet business objectives.
- Professional qualifications: Incorporated or Chartered engineer, membership of a professional body
- Knowledge of Bentley Rail Track (BRT), MicroStation, OpenRail
- Proficient at permanent way engineering alignment design and track components specification.
- Detailed knowledge of multi-disciplinary issues associated with permanent way design.
- Detailed knowledge of construction principles and standards including RSSB Group Standards, Network Rail GRIP Process and Company Standards.
- Knowledge of Track-Ex and standard deviation production
ersg are an equal opportunities employer; we are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all job applicants. We do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of age, sex, race, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or religious background; all decisions are based on merit.