This role is for an experienced Solution Architect to support the Digital Programme that is developing the technology estate that supports SSE's Transmission business. This programme is moving us from a limited set of capabilities to a modern, could-based, application portfolio that will enhance our operations in all areas. The remit may cover a range of business areas including customer and stakeholder engagement, network planning, work and asset management and integration to the operational systems that operate our transmission lines and sub-stations. The role will report to the Lead Solution Architect as part of a new and growing solution architecture team.
Skills / Experience Required
- The role is a general solution architect with a focus on applications, data, security and operational viewpoints, rather than a technical or infrastructure specialist.
- A background in a solution development or delivery role, with experience of both agile and waterfall delivery methods, and an understanding of the priorities and challenges across the full system lifecycle.
- A structured and methodical approach (e.g. TOGAF) to solutioning, and able to lead discussions and influence stakeholders who are used to operating with less structured approaches.
- Experience of working in procurement processes to specify solutions through tenders and evaluate supplier proposals.
- Specific technology/subject experience should ideally cover one or more of Azure deployed solutions, IBM Maximo, SaaS solution integrations, Data & Analytics, CRM solutions and application integration platforms.
- Examples of balancing long-term strategic objectives with immediate business imperatives, and adapting roadmaps in line with that.
- The ability to operate at both a strategic level, and to deliver more detailed designs, with the authority that comes from a deep and broad technical knowledge.
- Apply the disciplines of solution architecture to bring a structured and controlled approach to programme and project delivery.
- Responsible for developing high level solution architectures that align to the overall Technology Strategy, on individual projects and at value stream level, working in close collaboration with technical specialists.
- Use your broad architecture experience to bring innovative solutions to bear on the technology landscape, with ideas for their rapid deployment and ways to drive out operating efficiencies.
- Contribute to an effective assurance function that ensures we deliver the right solutions, bringing together stakeholders from a range of disciplines and our Procurement teams.
- Ensuring that solutions are fully modelling and accessible for use in future changes or ongoing operations.
ersg are an equal opportunities employer; we are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all job applicants. We do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of age, sex, race, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or religious background; all decisions are based on merit.