Mechanical Graduate Engineer
This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Sector||Transmission & Distribution - MechanicalTransmission & Distribution - Electrical|
|Job Ref||dublin mech eng|
- X2 Mechanical Graduate Engineer
We are seeking to recruit recently qualified honours level Mechanical Engineers. We offer a two year structured graduate programme that includes 25 days formal training, commercial mentor and planned job rotations across Ireland and the UK. Join the best commercial team to develop your career potential.
We are an international multi-disciplinary engineering services contractor and leading provider of high-value engineering services in the M&E and Power Transmission and Distribution Sectors and to a large number of blue chip companies. Operating across Ireland, the UK and Europe, we have become the engineering service provider of choice in growth segments such as pharmaceuticals, data centres and power transmission and distribution. Our culture is innovative, collaborative and performance focused. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to grow and develop in a company committed to developing talent and rewarding performance.
- Colate all design documents and drawings
- Attend project Handover Meetings
- Evaluate value engineering or cost saving opportunities
- Preparation of co-ordinated drawings covering all aspects of the installation including mechanical, electrical sprinkler, structural and architectural elements
- Review and understand project design specifications and drawings and access compliance of co-ordinated drawings and technical submittals.
- Assist in the production of weekly progress reports
- Assist in the compilation and assessment of Technical Submittals.
- Processing requisitions, generation of purchase orders.
- Receipt verification (RV) of equipment and materials arriving on site.
- Seek to clarify queries with the design team through the request for information (RFI) system.
- Understand the commercial fundamentals of a project including profit plans, potential variation logs and take offs’ etc
- Liaise and co-ordinate with members of the design team, contractors and in-house project team on technical and commercial issues.
- Attend technical meetings with members of the design team, contractors, and in-house project team
- Carry out document control, recording & transmitting information utilising File Key.
- Prepare method statements and risk assessments for production activities
- Organise and assess the work of sub-contractors.
- Carry out Quality Control through inspections and snagging including walking down of P&ID’s, and layout drawings.
- Population of test packs and tracking of same
- A competitive salary
- A structured rotation through different areas within the business
- The experience of working on-site and in professional office environments
- An opportunity to work locally, nationally and internationally
- Exposure to develop design, construction and commissioning processes
- The opportunity to attain Lean Green Belt Certification
- A structured development programme focusing on personal, professional/technical and leadership development
- Access to a senior business leader as a personal mentor
- The opportunity to progress your career