x8 WTG Commissioning Engineer
|Job Type||Temporary / Contract|
|Area||France, EuropeGermany, EuropeNetherlands, EuropeUnited Kingdom, Europe|
|Sector||Wind Energy / Renewables - Commissioning|
- One of the main tasks for this role is to provide site level commissioning support reporting directly to the WTG Commissioning Manager. The support will also include documentation review, surveillance reporting and co-ordination which require good communication skills. The general outline of the responsibilities is detailed below:
- Update on a daily basis ‘WTG Progress Trackers’ and provide updates on site progress and construction forecasts.
- Monitor progress and oversee site activities such as commissioning, 240hr reliability test, 500h maintenance, etc.
- Create the WTG Daily Trading and Availability Report that shall be sent to ScottishPower Central Control Room on a daily basis.
- Provide management team with a weekly site commissioning report / attendance to internal commissioning weekly meetings.
- Daily AD-HOCs from various site locations.
- Keep track of Siemens activities i.e. weather downtime, progress of teams in field, potential improvements to efficiency.
- Communication & Transparency
- Attendance to all relevant site co-ordination & construction meetings.
- Build up relationships with Siemens site teams to aid with transparency for emerging issues.
- First point of contact for SGRE on site to assist with co-ordination and reduce risk of potential claims.
- Commissioning Site Activities
- Support, perform, coordinate and prepare WTG ‘Systems’ SCADA commissioning including preparation of documentation.
- Support and align with WTG HV commissioning in regards to safety from the system.
- Support by ensuring that Siemens are aware of all activities performed by control room, reducing risk of claims.
- Review all Siemens WTG Commissioning Documentation ensuring snags are correctly documented through quality streams.
- Support SAPs/SCADA commissioning ensuring that they are aware of when/where all activities will be performed for pre-energisation inspections.
- Support with mechanical and quayside walkdowns where required.
- Oversee the commissioning and operation of site activities until takeover is achieved.
- Assist with technical fault investigation by being first responder.
- Assist Health and Safety / OIM where required.
- Support any emerging site activities on Main Access Platforms (MAPs), i.e. cranes, lighting, etc.
- Submission of PAX requirements for SOVs.
- Preferable to have 5 years wind turbine experience including experience with Siemens Wind Turbine Generators and Client experience.
- Preferable to have a minimum of 2 years offshore experience
- Electrical apprenticeship completed
- UK Project experience
- Commissioning Experience
- Electrical knowledge and experience
- English speaking
- Full GWO Training
- VISA for EU working