Facilities Lead Engineer
|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Area||West Coast, USA|
|Sector||Subsea & Marine - EngineeringWind Energy / Renewables - ConstructionWind Energy / Renewables - Development & PlanningWind Energy / Renewables - EngineeringWind Energy / Renewables - Quality & Fabrications|
|Telephone||0203 854 7021|
- Main Accountabilities:
- Manage the work of a small team of inter-disciplinary engineers and drafters to meet project specific deadlines for engineering deliverables including: o Engineering Analysis Reports (Pipe Sizing Reports, Electrical Load Studies, etc)
o 2D Engineering Drawing Sets for Piping Systems, Electrical & Instrumentation Systems, Equipment Layouts, and General Arrangements
o Equipment Specifications, Datasheets, Material Requisitions, and Technical Bid Evaluations.
o Various fabrication deliverables such as MTO’s, Technical Queries, etc
- Provide QA/QC of project engineering work with an emphasis on the Mechanical, Piping, and Electrical disciplines.
- Provide QA/QC of 2D Drafting and 3D modeling group efforts
- Interface with engineers from other company disciplines (Structural, Hydrodynamic, Installation, Mooring) to ensure project requirements are met
- Interface with Turbine Providers, Equipment Vendors, and other external parties to ensure all project requirements are defined for Marine System and Design Group
- Follow closely the fabrication planning and execution phases to provide support as necessary, especially during the procurement stages.
Required qualifications and competencies:
- Bachelors (Preferably Master of science) in relevant field of engineering (Mechanical engineering, Electrical engineering, etc)
- Offshore industry experience is desired, operational ship/offshore experience is a plus
- Knowledge of Mechanical and Electrical industry standards: ASME, ISO, ASTM, IEEE, etc.
- Knowledge of offshore standards a plus: ABS, BV, DNV, API, etc.
- Ability to perform basic engineering tasks in Mechanical, Piping, and E&I disciplines.
-Advanced knowledge in specific discipline is desired.
- Ability to lead multi-disciplinary model reviews for clash detection, HSE risks, etc
- Experience working with equipment procurement and procurement support is desired
- Strong technical and analysis skills
- Systematic and detailed oriented
- Good communication skills both written and oral
- Self-driven and motivated
- Ability to work independently
- Proven experience of work in multidisciplinary, collaborative and worldwide team context
The preferred candidate will have:
- Five (5) or more years of professional experience as an Engineer in one of the following industries: Ships, Onshore or Offshore Oil & Gas, Renewable Energy, Plant Design, etc.
- Proficiency with Microsoft tools, namely Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
- Experience in 2D drafting (AutoCad) and familiarity with professional drafting standards
- Experience in 3D modeling tools (Solidworks, Rhino) for both modeling and navigating
- A personality capable of thriving in a fast-paced environment with many project interfaces
Please provide resume and motivational cover letter, as well as references.