We have with one of our clients for an experienced 2nd Line Engineer to join their in-house IT team based in Nottingham. The role's primary duties are to provide IT service and support, handling and managing more complex service and incident requests alongside a broad spectrum of business-as-usual IT tasks and projects.
About the team
The internal IT team delivers, manages, and supports all aspects of IT systems and service. We work with selected external partners and Deetu, our data, technology and innovation company, to support and add value to our engineering and environmental consultancy services. We encourage both personal and professional development in line with industry and technology advancements.
You will be able to demonstrate a professional approach in the working environment and have the technical and service delivery skills required for an internal customer facing role.
- Managing the software estate, assisting with packaged installations and rollouts.
- Monitoring IT systems and keeping services available and maintained.
- Supporting the senior IT team with server infrastructure and cloud-based systems delivery and management.
- Maintaining hardware asset management databases, including mobile devices.
- Providing a first-class customer experience; taking ownership of tickets escalated to 2nd line and providing updates as requested.
Delivering request resolution using appropriate support tools and obtaining appropriate detail for escalation as required.
- Ensure IT, security and authorisation processes are adhered to.
- Consistently and pro-actively review security systems, patching and endpoint, web and email protection.
Technical knowledge and experience required.
- At least 2-years' experience in a 2nd line or similar role.
- Strong technical troubleshooting methodology and aptitude.
- Troubleshooting of networking issues & connectivity, fixed and mobile networks and remote working.
- Prioritising and managing workload effectively, managing open incidents/problems and projects simultaneously
- Trend analysis and problem management
- Establishing and maintaining excellent working relationships with colleagues and 3rd party suppliers
- Microsoft Office 365 Hybrid Active Directory user and computer management.
- Windows 10 and Windows Server 2016 (& above) experience
- Microsoft Office 365 Apps knowledge and experience
- Experience in configuring software for deployment.
- End to end asset Management process experience.
- Knowledge and ability to build and administer hardware eg. desktops, laptops, mobile phones using automated tools.
- Virtual platform knowledge: VMware or Hyper-V systems management
- VOIP telephony support, eg Gamma Horizon, Teams Voice
- Experience of MDM & user management tools.
- Industry recognised qualifications, Microsoft / CompTIA / Cisco / ITIL qualifications.
Core competencies: Engineer\Technician
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, to support all levels within the business.
- Highly organised with a logical approach.
- Ability to work calmly under pressure.
- Flexible and self-motivated.
What we can offer you
* A competitive Salary - We benchmark all our salaries against the market and review these annually.
* Flexible Working - combining working in the office and at home
* Holiday - 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and the option to buy extra days holiday per year to boost your entitlement
* Life Assurance 4x salary.
* Non-contributory Pension Scheme - we'll pay an Employer Contribution, even if you don't wish to contribute yet and the contribution will increase with years' service.
* Superb training - bespoke to you and your development needs.
* Professional Subscription - we will make a payment for one professional subscription a year.
* Social Fund - We will pay £25 per head per quarter to have a great time socialising with your colleagues outside of the work environment.
* Health-care cash plan for all your everyday medical needs such as dentistry and optical care.
* Loyalty bonus - bonus, additional holidays, pension enhancement and sabbaticals.
* Perkbox rewards scheme - providing our people with access to a range of employee discounts and benefits.
* Cycle to Work - Get excellent rates for a new bike and accessories through our scheme.
* 1 paid day of volunteering for a company-nominated charity
* 2.5 paid days for STEM activity
We positively encourage applications from all candidates who meet the essential criteria for the role regardless of their age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender confirmation, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity
ersg are an equal opportunities employer; we are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all job applicants. We do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of age, sex, race, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or religious background; all decisions are based on merit.