Associate Director - HV Substation
I am looking for an Associate Director with experience in high-voltage substation design to join my clients Irish T&D department. The T&D department delivers project management, design and owners engineer role for electrical power projects at transmission and distribution voltages across Ireland and across the world.
- Design of new transmission substations on green field sites
- Feasibility studies and design of upgrades to existing transmission infrastructure
- Detailed HV cable design and earthing studies
- Owners engineer role including site attendance supervision for substation construction
- Preparing planning applications for transmission projects
- The work typically comes from:
- Large projects and frameworks with transmission network operators mostly in Ireland but also in UK, Australia, New Zealand and the Middle East.
- Client and owners engineer role on construction of HV infrastructure
- Connection of renewable generation and major grid connected demand loads such as hyperscale data centres
- Extensive experience with high voltage substation design or construction projects.
- Understanding of electrical plant items and control systems such as transformers, GIS and AIS switchgear, etc.
- Ability to work flexibly across multiple projects.
- Full driver license.
- Experience of owners engineer role
- Experience of managing multi-discipline engineering projects
- Experience of the review of the detailed designs & site construction.
- Experience HV Protection & Control. The role is focused on primary plant and substation design, but appreciation of secondary system design will be advantageous.
- Experience of HVDC systems and interconnectors would be useful but is not necessary.
ersg are an equal opportunities employer; we are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all job applicants. We do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of age, sex, race, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or religious background; all decisions are based on merit.