CAD Technician or Senior CAD Technician - Rail
What you'll be doing
- Assisting the rail team with a comprehensive design and advisory service focused on meeting the engineering challenges involved in servicing the infrastructure requirements of renewal, enhancement and turnkey projects.
- Applying your knowledge and expertise in Bentley Microstation or AutoCAD gained from within the Rail industry, to hit the ground running in the support the design of railway Working with clients ranging from local developers through to international contractors working for public sector bodies.
What you'll bring
- Problem solving, communication, personal organisational and team working skills.
- Working knowledge and expertise with BIM requirements and processes.
- Experience of railway design draughting, covering civil engineering infrastructure and/or structures.
- Experience of using ProjectWise and Eb this would be beneficial, as would knowledge of Network Rail CAD standards.
- A good understanding of Document Management skills file workflows and their lifecycle, within and without of an Electronic Data Management System (ProjectWise, eB, Cab-i-net, etc) is expected, along with an appreciation of the importance of proper document control.
- Collaboration skills - the CAD team will sit along side the three core Rail Teams (Track, Signalling, and Civils) and as such it is anticipated that the applicant will be able to pick up project works which may fall outside of their current expertise. Support will be provided from our team of subject matter experts to grow the candidate's skill base.
- Interoperability - an ability to understand, interpret, and implement successfully processes to meet the Clients CAD requirements is expected.
Good personal timekeeping skills - It is expected that the applicant displays good self time keeping skills
ersg are an equal opportunities employer; we are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all job applicants. We do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of age, sex, race, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or religious background; all decisions are based on merit.