Civil and Structural Designer
- Civil and Structural experience in a Process Design Industry is a basic requirement.
- Extensive knowledge in the use of Smart Plant 3D
- Knowledge in use PDS Microstation
- Shall be thoroughly proficient in the modelling and detailing of civil foundations and steelwork Structures.
- Shall be able to work with limited supervision.
- Abilities to work in multi discipline teams.
- Will be required to have a good approach to health and safety.
- Able to work with different cultures around the world.
- Prepared to travel when required.
- Require good communication skills both verbal and written English.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- An all round flexible Civil and Structural Designer
- Able to work under pressure and meet tight schedule deadlines.
- Involved in Proposals for potential project and model outlines for the civil and structural scope to assist in Material take off
- In the Basic engineering phase of the projects develop the civil and structural scope prior to hand over to the Detail design team.
- Able to use own initiative to develop solutions to detailing challenges.
- Required to make an effective contribution to identify and resolve any detailing issues.
- Bring experience to suggest new economical ways in designing the work.
- He/she will be required to work independently representing the Civil Department.
- Support the Civil Manager in the Departments activities.
An experience Civil/Structural Designer with a relevant HND
ersg are an equal opportunities employer; we are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all job applicants. We do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of age, sex, race, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or religious background; all decisions are based on merit.