Construction Manager (CM)
The Construction Manager will be responsible for the overall leadership and management of personnel, tools and equipment, both internal and subcontractors in order to successfully install an onshore wind farm. The CM will make it their main focus to ensure that the project is executed to the highest standards in regard to safety, customer satisfaction and financial performance through continuous improvement and striving for best possible result.
Key responsibility & Tasks
- Ensure the level of safety is aligned with organisational standards for practices and protocols and that these are implemented on site.
- Identify and mitigate HSE risks to keep the construction site incident free.
- Monitor and ensure project schedule, milestones and deadlines.
- Establish and maintain a good and effective relationship to the client, other contractors (internal and external) and internal partners.
- Ensure that site data and progress is reported and processes in the given systems.
- Responsible for site budget and improvements to lower costs without being punished by LDs.
- Ensure documentation for different payment milestones and ensure billing.
- Interfaces with customers, project managers, HSE deportment and other internal stakeholders.
- Responsible for the optimization of the given budget.
- Changes work to meet the needs of the customers.
Success Criteria & Focus Areas
- The ability to understand, monitor and meet the need of the customers.
- The ability to adjust planned work and structured project management.
- Relevant engineering degree.
- 5 years' experience as a construction or project manager.
- Knowledge within the construction industry and basic knowledge in reading technical drawings.
- Proven continuous improvement by using root cause analysis, closed loop corrective action and Lean methods.
- Previous experience in budgeting, cost management and scheduling.
- Strong PC computer skills (MS Office) required. Knowledge of SAP and Primavera Project Management preferred.
- Travelling to different project sites will be required. Initial introduction and training to be held on the north west coast of the US.
- US citizenship, permanent residency (green card) or other valid work visa are required. A VISA will not be sponsored for this position.