DE IT Programme Manager - 1751
* We'll want you to act as a Programme Manager ensuring that the teams work well together and encourage best practise to optimise improvements (including the removal of technical debt).
* You'll make sure key stakeholders are informed and understand the impact of design decisions and the cost of business change, and you'll work in collaboration with architects and developers, to agree on the best approach for delivering complex features, balancing costs, risks and benefits
* You will work with SSE's architects to ensure strategic and technical fit. You'll create proof-of-concept solutions where needed to help resolve challenging design problems or to assess the viability of proposed technologies.
* Staying in touch with the latest practice you will drive through change to keep your teams delivering on time and within budget.
* You'll interact with 3rd party suppliers accessing the quality of the work provided and managing some of their developers when they are part of internal teams and projects.
* Manage the roadmap of development work in collaboration with business and technical stakeholders, doubling up as PM/Scrum Master in some instances
* Represent DE IT in meetings providing technical guidance and technical approval
* Provide expertise to the team members daily.? Provide guidance to new projects and existing projects by setting standards
* To provide IT direction to the team in support of departmental and company goals and targets, making recommendations of best practice across DE IT.
* Experience in planning large and complex programmes
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* Excellent Stakeholder management
* Seasoned professional - proven experience from a similar senior role in managing programmes.
* Experience within energy industry of Digital Transformation, IT for utilities and construction, delivery of Cloud architectures, interoperability and Asset Management/Large Capital Project organisations would be beneficial
* Experience with Salesforce, O365, AWS, Azure, and DevOps would be useful
* Experienced with the leadership of teams including permanent resources, third parties and contractors.
* Experience in working in an Agile working environment is desirable and experience in implementing Agile ways of working in a 'green field' environment
* Background and deep knowledge and experience of technical software development, ideally with recent hands-on experience.
* Great communication skills, in particular: presenting, collaborating, and partnering with stakeholders?
* Ability to confidently articulate ideas and provide insights to the rest of the team and guide team members where required?
* Excellent analysis capability and extensive design experience?
* A hands-on problem solver
ersg are an equal opportunities employer; we are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all job applicants. We do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of age, sex, race, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or religious background; all decisions are based on merit.