Delivery Lead / Scrum Master
ECS Business Energy IT Team needs a contractor Delivery Lead/Scrum Master to join our team to help support the final parts of a Major Transformation Programme then supporting the new Service in new Agile DevOps Platform teams
This is a demanding and diverse role and your key responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with cross functional teams to ensure requirements are designed, built and delivered in a fast-paced business environment.
- Coaching team in agile best practices and strategies to improve the squad's performance against agreed KPIs.
- Facilitating estimation of delivery effort to drive team prioritisation planning.
- Mentoring and coaching all team members in Agile (Scrum/Kanban), practices, rules and our tooling (Azure DevOps).
- Owning issues and removing impediments to the squad's progress and escalating issues in a timely manner for resolution.
What do I need?
You'll have considerable experience as a Scrum Master delivering customer-facing or platform capabilities, where you've exemplified and promoted Agile values and principles. The following skills and experience are essential:
- Ability to maintain Sprint artefacts and reporting metrics including estimation, velocity/progress and team performance, retrospection issues and risks, and handle communication with internal and external stakeholders.
- Planning and problem solving with advanced facilitation techniques across multiple products and agile delivery teams.
- A strong understanding of technical & business environments for large-scale digital delivery with experience in removing impediments, increasing velocity & improving product quality.
- A solid understanding of Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, SAFe) with ability to coach agile and non-agile teams and foster continuous improvement and self-organisation.
- Conversant in Azure DevOps and other Agile frameworks and methodologies.
ersg are an equal opportunities employer; we are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all job applicants. We do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of age, sex, race, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or religious background; all decisions are based on merit.