Site Inspector Electrical and Instrumentation (E/I) you are part of the platform site team of the projects grid connections. The site team will operate from the platform contractor's topside fabrication site in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). In this role you are responsible for inspection of contractor's progress and performance against the employer requirements, agreed procedures, applicable norms and standards related to low voltage electrical components and Instrumentation
You will report to the Site Manager Platform.
Your activities will include, but are not limited to:
- Daily inspection on installation, testing and commissioning of E/I components and equipment
- Measure and Monitor contractor's safety performance, progress and quality on a daily basis
- Schedule and prioritize site inspections in consultation with the Site Manager
- Have a strong daily presence on the shop floor with good communication with the contractor to observe contractor's work but without disturbing it's workflow
- Verify and comment on contractor's time programme, identify associated risks and opportunities and advise Site Management
- Work closely and liaise with the Certifying Authority when required
- Register and monitor punch list items (LOP - List of Outstanding Points)
- Document and report site quality inspections, safety observations and contractor's progress
- Provide input for a monthly site team report on the specific area of expertise
- You have a Bachelor degree in a relevant Engineering discipline (Electrical) or equivalent experience
- A relevant certification for inspection of electrical installations (NEN1010/NEN3140 or comparable)
- Knowledge of 2006/42/EC: Machinery Directive and/or F-gasses directives for HVAC is a plus
- You have experience (5 years +) in fabrication of offshore constructions, preferably in offshore wind platforms
- You are able to contribute to a cooperative environment between all parties involved, mitigate stress and animosity, and escalate persisting problems on the shop floor to Site Management
- You have knowledge about standards and norms applicable for offshore wind platform fabrication
- You have experience in and affection with working within multi-national teams in remote areas
- You are able to work and perform independently in remote areas
- You have good communication and reporting skills and are able to organize and schedule activities well
- You take your responsibility and ownership (committed); no 'nine to five-mentality'
- You are fluent in English, both verbally and in writing. Dutch is a plus.
- Willingness to reside for a longer period of time in the UAE
Duty station for this position is Dubai, United Arab Emirates. It might be required to fulfill several offshore shifts in the Dutch North Sea during final commissioning of the platforms.
The role is preferably to be fulfilled on a 6:2 rotation schedule including some flexibility as travelling is not always possible or will be delayed due to covid. Alternatively residential basis can be discussed.
This post is accepting UAE Nationals and if you have the right to work in the EU as the client is based in Netherlands.
ersg are an equal opportunities employer; we are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all job applicants. We do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of age, sex, race, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or religious background; all decisions are based on merit.