Electrical Building Services Engineer
We are in the middle of very exciting times for our electrical building engineering services discipline. Consequently, we are looking to grow this dynamic and integral team to include increased expertise within our building physics capability. We currently provide a comprehensive design and advisory service focused on areas such as: -
- Pre-planning, concept to detailed working design of all mechanical and electrical building engineering services for end users, developers and contractors.
- Expertise in delivery of projects in a BIM environment embedding production of both calculations and drawings into a common model.
- Holistic whole life asset cycle consultation services from pre-acquisition surveys, building design and post-occupancy energy compliance for leading portfolio asset management funds.
What you'll bring
We are looking for an ambitious, conscientious person who wants to be part of a vibrant team and is willing to learn. You will be expected to have the following personal attributes and skills:
- Proven ability to work sociably as a team player in an often-busy environment.
- Technical design background in electrical building services engineering with experience in managing M&E design teams and nurturing junior design engineering staff.
- Keen to be actively involved in growth and development of the M&E service line throughout the business and have aspirations to progress their career.
- Strong IT skills in the use of BIM focussed design software, Microsoft Office applications and AutoCAD combined with a practical approach. You will also be able to demonstrate ability to work well in a team environment whilst also having personal initiative.
- Technical independence within the field of electrical building services engineering design and project management.
- Be presentable and able to convey a professional image at client, project and internal team meetings and whilst surveying buildings.
- Hold a full UK driving license.
ersg are an equal opportunities employer; we are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all job applicants. We do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of age, sex, race, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or religious background; all decisions are based on merit.