The primary remit of the GIS Service is to provide the project team with GIS support. The service will involve providing tailor made GIS tools, mapping services, undertaking geospatial analysis and advise on the appropriate use of geospatial data to various stakeholders.
This role will require to work closely with all packages working on the project and external stakeholders.
The location of the role will be based in Glasgow.
* The translation of various datasets, manipulation of intricate data and execution of complex queries, as well as, maintenance and updates of GIS databases.
* Provision of GIS drafting/cartographic services as required by the business.
* Design and develop efficient programming solutions for the enhancement of existing GIS systems, including appropriate documentation; preparing test cases and carrying out unit integrations to ensure that modified systems perform correctly.
* Provision of complex GIS analyses and data processing services to the desired quality, cost and level of traceability.
* Utilise GIS and/or CAD for geospatial data management and Provision of high quality drafting/cartographic services to support all areas of the business.
* Develop methodologies for advanced geospatial data analysis and implement.
* Development of tools for a wide technical and non-technical user-base that enhance productivity and/or capability.
* Maintenance of software, tools and systems to ensure robustness and usability.
* Create and maintain geospatial data and metadata.
* Receive, review and store consultant provided geospatial data.
* Uploading data to statutory body websites.
* Working with internal and external customers to support data requests either planned or unplanned.
* Liaising with clients to understand their requirements and provide assistance in providing detailed work to strict deadlines.
* Contribute to the development of specialist knowledge and practice within the business.
* Provision of documentation and training in use of custom tools to the end users to ensure high standards of use.
* Spatial Analyst and 3D Analyst Use of SQL databases
* Development of automated GIS tools in Python
* Development of GIS web enterprise applications
* Implementation of site suitability analyses.
* Spatial/survey data management (offshore and onshore)
* Spatial/survey data analysis (offshore and onshore)
* Spatial/survey data presentation
* Raster data handling
* Vector data handling
* Manual GIS data creation
* Implementation of metadata standards.
* External third party consultants
Key Competencies Required to Fulfil the Service
* Advanced skills with GIS (ESRI) in the context of geospatial data processing, analysis, data management and presentation.
* Python (ArcGIS); demonstrable skills in working with Arcpy library including mapping, cursors, dictionaries, lists, functions, etc.
* Python (Standard); demonstrable skills in working with default and third party libraries; with an emphasis on Excel and CSV data manipulation using libraries such as xlrd, pandas, and numpy
* Experience with ESRI enterprise server deployment
* Capacity to work independently to provide and technical solutions to engineering challenges using GIS.
* Good digital cartographic and map production skills.
* Ability to work in a team and in a client office environment.
* Good written, presentational and customer-facing skills regarding GIS and Engineering
* Proficient with all Microsoft Office applications
* Experience working with Spatial Analysis for Hydrology, Bathymetric surveys, Geomorphology, earthmoving estimations, etc.
* Experience in handling CAD to GIS Conversion
* Experience working with ArcGIS Pro
* Experience working with AutoCAD Civil 3D
ersg are an equal opportunities employer; we are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all job applicants. We do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of age, sex, race, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or religious background; all decisions are based on merit.