Exceptional role with an exceptional company, excellent package with up to 40% bonus and great benefits
PURPOSE OF ROLE
- Reporting directly to the Data & Analytics Manager, the primary function of the Data Integration Specialist role is to act as a focal point for the automation and smooth operation of GIS and petrotechnical data flow and validation within the The Clients group, using a combination of petrotechnical, GIS, business intelligence and analytical skills.
- The workflows and processes developed will act to underpin The Clients governance criteria for GIS and
- petrotechnical data and applications as defined by the Data & Analytics Manager and Lead analysts.
- Data Management Services
- Provide foundation, intermediate and expert level support to GIS and petrotechnical data and application users as required.
- Utilise time management and prioritisation skills to complete tasks in an efficient and timely manner.
- Work collaboratively with the Lead DM analysts to ensure support requests are screened, prioritised and resolved efficiently.
- Proactively work to ensure the efficiency of GIS and petrotechnical application backend infrastructure and automated data flow processes based on recommendations from the Lead DM analysts and Data & Analytics Manager.
- Participate in regular reporting and communication with the Data & Analytics Manager to ensure clarity in targets and resolution of issues.
- Proactively research developments in data integration, business intelligence and analytics to assist in the planning, provision and deployment of technical applications, systems and software upgrades.
- Liaise with the Lead DM analysts regarding the installation of software upgrades for GIS and petrotechnical application databases and infrastructure.
- In consultation with the Data & Analytics Manager and Lead DM analysts ensure effective project documentation is completed and communicated.
- Lead the automation or batch processing of simple and complex tasks using coding and data integration utilities.
- Act as a focal point for real time & scheduled reporting through business intelligence tools and analytics.
- Undertake any other tasks required by the Data & Analytics Manager.
- Provide backfill support for GIS and petrotechnical data analyst roles as required.
Data Lifecycle Management
- Develop and maintain systems to enable the accurate cataloguing of GIS and petrotechnical data in accordance with DM governance.
- Enable DM analysts to distribute GIS and petrotechnical data by assisting in the transformation of data to different formats, transposition of datasets between desktop applications and corporate data stores and georeferencing.
Data Quality Management
- Adhere to and promote The Clients data management (DM) governance as applied to GIS and petrotechnical data.
- Produce detailed work instructions for automated and batch processing methods used for GIS and petrotechnical data for review by the Data & Analytics Manager and provide feedback to enhance DM governance.
- Contribute to the development and improvement of procedures, standards and policies within the DM governance framework.
- Develop automated and manual verification methods to ensure that data loaded to corporate stores is populated with correct metadata and where necessary, appropriately tagged.
- Provide regular quantitative reporting to the Data & Analytics Manager on the current status of GIS and petrotechnical data quality.
- Identify and report to the DM analysts simple and complex data errors to enable them to be remedied.
- GIS Data Security Management
- Understand and adhere to data confidentiality and rights management while handling data.
- Review and report problems with the security of corporate data stores to the Lead DM analysts.
- Advanced skills working with and manipulating various petrotechnical data types including well, seismic and geospatial data.
- Experience with data visualisation and analytics, including usage of PowerBI, Logi or Spotfire.
- Excellent communication, teamwork skills and exemplary attention to detail.
- Advanced numeracy, analytical and computer skills, notably MS Excel and SQL.
- Experience with enterprise GIS technologies.
- Experience using desktop GIS and data manipulation software such as ArcGIS, QGIS, GRASS, FME, Pentaho Data Integration, Tibco DV.
- Experience with the retrieval, manipulation and submission of data using APIs, web scraping and database queries.
- User of petrotechnical applications including some or all of the following; Petrel, Techlog, GeoTeric, Paleoscan, Rokdoc.
- Experience with Studio for Petrel and Petrel Reference Project management (highly desirable).
- Experience implementing and monitoring automated and manual data verification processes.
- Experience in the usage and administration of UNIX/Linux systems.
- Working knowledge of enterprise storage and networking solutions.
- 6+ years working with petrotechnical or GIS data / projects in a E&P or relevant industry.
- Working knowledge of data science tools and methods.
- To support our multi-country locations, conversational competence in French or Spanish would be advantageous, but is not essential. The Clients aim is to continually create and sustain a culture- rich nimble working environment where diversity and inclusion are hugely valued.
- Applicants must have the right to work in the UK without sponsorship.
ersg are an equal opportunities employer; we are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all job applicants. We do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of age, sex, race, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or religious background; all decisions are based on merit.