WFH due to Covid 19 ( Swindon or Coventry based )
GIS Manager New Markets (m/f)
- General purpose of position: Support the New Markets team by managing the creation, maintenance and updating GIS databases and systems and general process support for renewable energy projects for origination and development as well as acquisitions.
- GIS system work: Working with the In-House GIS team, support the continuous improvement of our GIS, especially (1) System set up incl. software implementation; (2) GIS data research, collection, and vetting from government/private agencies and sources; (3) Build up and maintenance of databases (layers properties, layouts, reference scales, etc.) for all geographical focus areas; (4) Develop tools for loading/transferring/processing GIS data
- GIS project work: Support the origination and development process of renewable energy projects from origination to construction through geographical information, especially (1) Provide/oversee the compilation of all project mapping needs from site acquisition and validation to permitting and construction; (2) Oversee the collection, storage, manipulation and analysis of all project related geographical information; (3) Integrate geographic, survey, title, infrastructure and other data into powerful visual representations for information and decision making purposes; (4) Interact with wind analysts, grid experts and others to deliver/optimize wind farm layouts
- Process support: Challenge and provide support as may be necessary with respect to key general processes such as (1) scheduling and budget planning (2) procurement activities, e.g. compiling specifications to contract external experts and studies; (3) economic assessment of projects, e.g. compile/review project input data and results; (4) regular reporting on status and risks
- Working together: Foster and manage close relationships with relevant internal stakeholders across business and functional units. Be an integrator between other RWE-R support teams and local new market organizations. Train team members on Google Earth and ArcView for easy data view and map extraction
- HSE: Comply with our HSE standards and procedures - Safety first! Help ensure that global best practices and learnings get transferred and implanted in local new markets.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Geography or other natural science
- At least 3 years of relevant GIS experience, such as experience in mapping for Land Development or related field, with emphasis on interpreting and mapping legal descriptions and surveys; Strong background in ESRI products, including ArcMap 10.x; Knowledge of other mapping products including AutoCAD, DeLorme XMap, Global Mapper, Google Earth, etc.;
- Professional background in the energy industry with understanding of energy markets, renewable technologies and regulation preferred
- Good Project Management skills and track record of project delivery, experience in due diligence processes is highly welcome
- Ability to analyze and summarize complex development topics and aggregate decision-relevant information to convey messages clearly and concisely
- Acting comfortably in cross-cultural teams, collaborating across country boundaries with a sense for diversity and inclusion; Ability to building and maintain a contact network and business relationships.
- Excellent oral and written English skills, other language skills are a plus