Head of Energy
Location: Glasgow, Reading or London
Salary: Very competitive based on skills and experience
The Digital Services team is currently expanding our portfolio of services and solutions by moving into the Energy-as-a-Service. We are targeting rapid growth in this part of the business, and beginning a transformation process, focussing on local, smart energy solutions for B2B customers.
Working for the Director of Digital Services and Strategy, the Head of Energy-as-a-Service will be accountable for positioning us as a provider of choice in Energy-as-a-Service. Our new platform. You will be responsible for both the proposition, and the on-going operations of the platform, ensuring we remain competitive in terms of capability and cost. You will oversee the strategic direction of the platform and have P&L responsibility for its development
You will directly manage supporting teams, including Business Development, Commercial, Project Development, Operations and support. You will also play a key role in interactions with the wider business, including our trading team. You will be responsible for providing direction and oversight to these teams, and ensuring the 5YP and targets set by management are met.
* Accountable for project costs and overseeing budgetary spend
* Ensuring all spend approved
* Ensure projects properly costed and priced
* Responsibility for ensuring proper governance processes followed through-out project lifecycle
* Responsible for ensuring business achieves EaaS 5YP targets
* Responsible for setting EaaS proposition and platform strategy
* Responsibility to ensure we remain competitive through pricing and innovation
* Oversee future development of platform, including international expansion
* Responsible for recruitment and replacement of team members
* Responsibility for designing and implementing business plans and strategies to promote the attainment of 5YP and business goals
* Oversee Business Development activity to ensure opportunities are being pursued
* Assist in Business Development activities to support opportunity development
* Oversee progress of BD activity with project development manager to ensure projects are properly costed and priced
* Ensure coordination with the rest of DE business
* Ensure contracts are correctly created
* Oversee System operations and have ultimate responsibility for delivering service to clients and meeting SLAs
* Oversee relationships with key partners, and contractors
* Manage relationships with internal teams within SSE
* Monitoring and reporting responsibility to key Stakeholders
* Ultimate responsibility for ensuring customers are satisfied with business and performance in contracts
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
Knowledge and Qualifications
* At least 5 years' experience in the energy sector, with specific focus on Distributed Energy
* Manage interfaces with external partners and service providers
* Fundamental Project Management knowledge and qualification
* Educated to Degree level or higher
* Ability to manage a team
* Able to communicate and articulate the project needs to all parties
* Numerical skills
* Extremely strong written and presentation skills
* Ability to present and communicate to top levels of management to get buy-in for projects
* Detailed understanding of Distributed Energy, and local integrated energy systems
* Proven experience working for an aggregator, or flexibility provider
* Ability to be act as the lead for key task areas
* The ability to provide and deliver sound Management input both internally and externally to all levels.
* Strong problem-solving skills that provide flexible and well considered solutions.
* Take pride in and ownership of everything you do and indicate a self-motivated "can do" attitude.
ersg are an equal opportunities employer; we are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all job applicants. We do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of age, sex, race, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or religious background; all decisions are based on merit.