Head of O&M Excellence & Process
As Head of O&M Excellence & Process will be a member of the O&M area, within the Corporate Technical Team. He or she will be responsible of performing all O&M-related activities as part of offshore wind farm development, tender and M&A processes, Opex calculations, cost book and supporting definition of O&M strategy and implementation of contracts in collaboration with other technical, commercial, legal and business areas.
Establishing the OPEX costs (cost book) for each project within O&M.
Support the O&M of the project's existing assets: offshore met mast, onshore met mast and offshore Lidar.
Establishing O&M Processes, implement and oversee a multi-contracting strategy and develop a management system to support our Portfolio
Evaluate cost control, H&S requirement, spare parts warehouse, inventory, stock levels, etc. - oversee contractors (vessel and personnel) works, ensuring contracts are in place complying with project and company policy
Implement an O&M strategy and support the project to achieve O&M readiness.
Ensure OEM and Owner´s Maintenance Requirements are aligned and ready to be implemented in the project (especially at design level)
Support on the definition of the O&M strategy for the project, including set up of ports, offshore access strategy, labor, etc.
Support OpEx optimization processes.
Support negotiations and closing O&M service contracts with several OEMs, ISPs and Ports. Supporting the development and later the construction of the operational O&M Base
- Accountable for developing O&M excellence through the business
- Accountable of developing Employer's Design Requirements, Technical Specifications regarding O&M, SMA Responsibility matrix, in collaboration with other Technical Areas as required
- Support Commercial and Legal Teams on the definition of contractual forms (PBA, HoTs, TSA, SMA) to deal with suppliers and contractors
- Accountable of providing relevant O&M inputs to other areas, such Business Development, WTG, Substructures, Transport & Installation, Energy Assessment, etc., ensuring O&M interfaces with other packages and stakeholders are appropriately managed
- Accountable of providing required O&M inputs and documentation for tenders and bids, including risk assessment and risk mitigation measures
- Responsible of providing OPEX figures in collaboration with Procurement for financial modeling
- Accountable of performing due diligence of O&M technical related matters for M&A projects, providing additional technical support as required
- Lead the O&M RFP process in collaboration with Procurement. Responsible of O&M RFP process coordination within the Technical Area
- Accountable of evaluating O&M offers completeness and deviations against Employer's requirements, specifications and project/tender specific requirements, identifying potential optimizations
- Support contractual negotiations with suppliers in technical aspects
- Support and liaise with other Areas (Business Development, New Opportunities, Consenting, QHSE, projects, etc.) and third parties as necessary across the project lifecycle to ensure successful development and completion of the project
- Responsible of tracking and sharing lessons learnt of O&M related matters, stablishing best practices across the organization
- Responsible of O&M Technical documentation management
Ad-hoc support to projects for tenders, O&M RFP processes, design specifications, technical solution validation and contractual negotiations with suppliers
PEOPLE: No direct reports.
REQUIRED ACADEMIC SKILLS: .
Master Degree in Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical or Civil Engineering). Other Master disciplines may be considered when back-up by extensive professional experience
REQUIRED PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in wind industry, particularly on O&M excellence, Offshore WindFarms
- Experience in dealing with wind farm tender processes, due diligences and WTG RFPs
- Experience in both wind turbine manufacturer and project developer side is an advantage
- Experience in offshore wind farm development and offshore wind turbines is an advantage
- A sound technical knowledge of offshore wind projects interfaces
- Extensive knowledge of the application of relevant regulations and offshore wind industry standards
- Postgraduate studies in Renewable Energy are valued
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and in complex partnership arrangements
- Ability to work in multicultural and multidisciplinary teams
- Ability to coordinate different internal stakeholders without hierarchical link
- Strong sense of values and ethics, including confidentiality when dealing with sensitive information
- Strong communication skills at all organizational levels
- Good planning and organization capabilities
- Good analytical and conceptual skills
- Good networking and influencing skills
- Committed and responsible
Languages: Strong command of English language, written and spoken. Other languages will be highly valued.
Other specifications: Job location will be Madrid (Spain). Flexibility to travel is required.