3+ month contract
As a Heritage Consultant within a rapidly growing discipline of the business, you will be in a position, and actively encouraged, to influence the development and direction of a quality focused service. Commensurate with your experience, you will be undertaking or contributing to the management of projects across multiple sectors, providing consultancy advice to clients and stakeholders, producing heritage assessments and reports preparing fee proposals and tenders and exploring new business opportunities.
Applicants will be good communicators and will work effectively as part of a team but have degree of autonomy when working on their various projects. As a Heritage Consultant you will have experience of, or contributing towards, a broad range of archaeological and heritage assessments. You will have experience of the competing needs required to work in a busy consultancy through your experience in the heritage sector. You will help develop fieldwork methodologies and be involved in its implementation, including sub-contractor supervision, through to completion.
We welcome applications from experienced Heritage Consultants, or applications from experienced field archaeologists or heritage professionals with relevant and demonstrable transferable skills.
Ideally the candidate would be a member of CIfA and/or IHBC or willing to work to towards accreditation.
To succeed in this role, you must be a driven individual with demonstrable experience in contributing to the successful completion of projects. You will be well organised and able to prioritise your own workload with appropriate support. You should be an excellent communicator and able to work dynamically with different teams and offices.
- A degree in a heritage/archaeological related subject.
- Excellent verbal, written and communication skills.
- Proven ability to deliver projects on time with a strong focus on client care.
- Experience in the production of a wide variety of heritage reports, including Desk-Based Assessments, Appraisals, Specifications, Written Schemes of Investigation and chapters for Environmental Statements.
- A good overall level of knowledge of British Archaeology and UK Field Archaeology.
- Experience in using GIS.
- Willingness to travel and a full driving license are essential to the role.
- CIfA or another professional accreditation.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD packages.
- Although not a prerequisite for the role, we would be interested in hearing from you if you have a relevant heritage specialism, such as the built historic environment, geoarchaeological experience or community focused archaeology.
ersg are an equal opportunities employer; we are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all job applicants. We do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of age, sex, race, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or religious background; all decisions are based on merit.