- Health safety and environmental support and advice for wind farm construction projects in Offshore typically working a rotational work pattern (2 weeks on 2 weeks off) ensuring the EHS Standards including the client's Basic Safety Rules and Offshore EHS Project Manual are implemented and complied with on all sites in a consistent manner.
- Be familiar with the client specific EHS Requirements of the Turbine Supply Agreement. Support the EHS Manager in Project with early reviews of EHS Documentation such as component transport and logistics arrangements, subcontractor documentation.
- Support in the implementation of the project specific Offshore Environmental Health and Safety Plan and make sure that all persons working on the scope of the project are informed and understand the sections of the EHS plan relevant to their work. Whilst at the same time contributing to the overall mobilization and demobilization of project site, ensuring EHS requirements set out in local legislation are complied with.
- Participate in the ongoing development and improvement of Safety Performance, the development / appraisal and modification of Safe Systems of Work, and participate in sub-contractor evaluations, monitoring and assessing.
- Collect and report observations of near misses, accidents, incidents and deviations from agreed standards and efficiently report through the agreed communication channels. Also assist all employees in filling out accident and near miss reports, and to make sure they are kept on record. Ensure all EHS incidents and occurrences are reported, investigated, corrective actions allocated and incident workflow managed through to closure, as procedures and local legal requirements.
- Work closely with project QM and keep informed of the QA systems and procedures related to the EHS Advisor position and product safety generally. Also work in accordance with the requirements defined in the QA system in an effort to work towards Zero Harm and Zero Defects.
- Promptly complete mandatory weekly and monthly inspection requirements as outlined within the Offshore EHS Project Manual and project specific Offshore Environmental Health and Safety Plan, as well as any additional ad-hoc inspections required by project or customer.
- Monitor the implementation and adherence to the project Offshore Environmental Health and Safety Plan and IMS related procedures, by performing regular site inspections and site visits of the construction project works and areas; and contribute to internal and external audits and assessments, and EHS/site evaluations.
ersg are an equal opportunities employer; we are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all job applicants. We do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of age, sex, race, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or religious background; all decisions are based on merit.